Official Terminator Season Two Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will there be a 2-hour season premiere? And what will TERMINATOR compete against on other networks this season?

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ The season premire is an hour long episode.

As for the competition...

ABC
    Dancing with the Stars

CBS
    Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother

CW
    Gossip Girl

NBC
    Chuck

3. Bad Bishop

Tough timeslot. I like three shows that start at 8PM on Mondays. So long, Chuck.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In ancient times, I once had two vcrs running during a single timeslot while I watched a third channel.

Gossip girl 2/01 aired yesterday. Momentum.

There was a line in Runaways last week which is so apropos... Tv is Youtube for old people.

We are only chained to air dates if we we want to be.

5. Bad Bishop

My box can record 2 channels at the same time. It would be nice if it could do 3. I suppose I can solve my Chuck problem by going to NBC.com.

By the way, TV is not YouTube for old people. TV is YouTube for people who like better sound and a bigger picture.

6. Guy Gardener

O, where's your whimsy? It's an obvious spin on Peter Falks line "When I was your age, television was called Books" from the Princess Bride. :)

But ever since the creation of the DVD box set, I just haven't been able to take television serious... says the man who finally caught and recorded on VhS tape the last two episodes missing from his Ally McBeal collection nearly ten years after he started taping.

It used to be that if you missed a show when it aired, there was no recourse. You were doomed. There might never ever ever be a repeat for years to come to complete your mental cotalouge of what has been.

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

By midseason Ellison will ally himself with Cromartie in an effort to find Sarah Connor. This is somewhat supported by a clip from an early season two episode with Ellison and a still damaged Cromartie talking.

9. Guy Gardener

Consider what Sarah has to do if she really wants to stop Judgment day... The only way to make the creation of Skynet impossible is to destroy the planets industrial infrastructure and information reliance, meanwhile, the really good Christains (like Ellison) want the apocalypse to happen because this life is just a starter life, and the untold suffering and death involved in cleaning the place up as the pious move out is just a separation of the weak from the virtuous as they're tested with a little suffering and then at the very height of endgame: the devil gets it. Whatever hell remnants refuge aftermath on earth remains after judgment is deserved by the survivors because God has finished his experiment and moved on.

If Ellison's sure he's righteous why wouldn't he help the Terminators bring about prophecy? And even if he's sure he's damned, it's still good work to save all the rest of the 166,000 people on the planet who meet the criteria for eternal reward, so he might as well help them anyway since he'll certainly be damned if he goes against god and helps Sarah stop the end of days.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's already been revealed by the Producers that - early in season two - Ellison will go work for the company run by Catherine Weaver as opposed to remaining with the FBI (the disaster while trying to capture Laslo is going to have lasting effects on his career). The owner of the company (I still think that they should call it Cyberdyne but the name has yet to be revealed) herself contacts him about a position with the company. I believe that Ellison is going to be one of the keys to Skynet's development and that'll be why Cromartie left him alone - despite the Producers claiming that Cromartie left him alone because Ellison wasn't considered a threat. Reading these spoilers makes me think even more they're going to go along the same lines as the Infiltrator Novel and Weaver will be a Human/Terminator Hybrid sent back to ensure that Skynet gets built. Ellison is just one of Skynet's human pawns.

11. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Ellison allying with Cromartie seems kind of dumb. Ellison has seen that he is a killing machine and he knows all about Sarah being on the run. Why would he suddenly assist in that? Ugh.

Also, I had the same thoughts about why Cromartie left Ellison alone, except one thing kind of changes that: If it weren't for Cromartie, Ellison would not have lost his job and been forced to work for Weaver. In the future that Cromartie is from, he should not know that Ellison helped Skynet because he never did (at least not in the same way).

12. Guy Gardener

Well I just finished the Dalek Empire audio stories and one of the main characters was a human rights campaigner for the slaves of the Daleks, her motto was something like "they don't care if you live or die, but if you work, they will feed you and let you sleep, as long as you do what they say and work, we have hope."

You have to remember that it's way easier to hop in a line for cordial extermination, and even easier to be a collaborator helping your own kinds extermination for robot master overlords then it is to pick up a machine gun and futily throw yourself against an unstoppable irresistible foe.

It's always been a valid choice to work from the inside to try and change the system, even if it means that you'll be the first one put up against the wall when the revolution comes. :)

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

teaser poster
    [​IMG]

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

^damn, now THAT is some horrible backne

15. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

According to the previews, Derek tells Charlie about the Turk, and I'm guessing that Charlie in turn tells Ellison about the Turk. So Ellison eventually winds up at Weaver's company. Maybe he's not going to help Skynet's development. Maybe he's really there to secretly sabotage Skynet's development and/or leak important information to Sarah. The producers have more or less said that Ellison is destined to become one of Sarah's allies.

16. Guy Gardener

Just because they're sleeping together, it doesn't mean that he's still not working for Skynet or merely at cross purposes to Sarah.

Think about it, who would be the greatest ally to fight old Skynet in the alternate future whose time bridge still directly crossingover into this unconnected history which has a quantum possibility of zero of eventuating into that timespace locus where we're viewing our story? Young Skynet! They're not and never will be the same AI. Old Skynet's plans are not to change the past. That seems to be impossible. It's colonization.

Like Maxwell Smart always used to same, if only you would use your powers of baddiness for niceness. Well? Co-opt the bugger at the route and befriend it and make it love you since destroying the fucker hasn't seemed to for the last 24 years worth of trying.

Or Ellison could have another completely batshit plan.

An Exorcism?

He nabs the Turk and takes it to a priest.

Yeah baby. :)

17. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you're seriously getting more mental every time you post...

18. Guy Gardener

Sanitarily Transcendental... Wait, that means something else.

What happens when Skynet locks horns with the teamsters? Robot trucks that arn't Unionized? Their black ops wing is going to come down on that bugger setting up for Armageddon like a ton of bricks.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

20. Guy Gardener

Y'know, when it's man vs machine. I can understand that. It's Darwin. but when it's machine vs. machine, well that just means that one side is a jerk. Now Optimus has had his moments but he's basically a decent guy despite being really square, but if Skynet can't even get along with Megatron when they basically have all too similar life goals, then he must be the worst asshole in the universe.

Wouldn't it be trippy if Skynet turned out to be a girl?