Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Just play the "Will Clark fly before he gets gray hair at his temples?" game. That makes it worthwhile. :guffaw: I'm only 40. I can't be expected to do this dangerous stuff, and I'm sure Lana has a few good childbearing years left in her. I'm not giving up on her!!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not to mention that his flying teacher is trapped in the Phantom Zone and no mention yet if Laura will be coming back at all during season eight. That was a big mistake to let her go without at least having a couple of episodes to resolve that plot. Its going to be one of those little things that is going to bug me for the entire season...

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've mentioned Kara will most likely make at least one appearence.^

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Kara was just a missed opportunity. They hardly ever seemed to be together during last season. They're either fighting, have amnesia, aren't who they appear to be, or disagreeing about something. The few times they are actually together on good terms, we have Clark cowardly refusing to even attempt to fly.

5. Admiral_Young

Oh okay...that's good. I assume during sweeps as well. Hopefully she'll get freed.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Last I read Laura said she wouldn't be returning at all in Season 8 (it was in an interview about the D2DVD sequel to Into the Blue).

7. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

They mentioned it in an interview awhile ago but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

She's in that? I hadn't heard.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Good one, Guy! And yes, I couldn't agree more that the Chlovage is too good for the so called Man of Steel.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Yes. There are promo photos on the web of it (her in a bikini :techman:)

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone needs to feed that girl a cookie.

I liked her when she was angry... But then suddenly she turned into Olive Oyl screaming "Help me Kal-El!" and, oh look at me, I'm competing to be Miss Cornhole.

Until Clark learns to fly, she is so much more powerful than he is. Dropping stuff on him from orbit. Dropping Clark From orbit. Threatening/saving different cities on opposite ends of the earth instantaneously. I recall once Fonzie wanted to beat up a guy in a wheel chair who was riding him. Quite a jerk. So eventually Fonzie gets his own wheel chair and rationalizes that as long as he's sitting down, that he can tan, tar and feather this bugger to within an inch of his life... That's exactly what a battle between Clark and Kara should be like, she'd have to insanely handicap herself for the so called boy of Steel to be any sort of threat to her... I think that's why the writers did severely handicap kara emotionally and intellectually because the man of tomorrow was in complete danger of looking more obviously irrelevant than usual.

Kara so much more so deserved to be the feared and worshiped "traveler" than Clark.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  12. Admiral_Young

I look at Kara as just another example at a lost opportunity the writers have bungled. When it was first announced last year that Kara Zor-El would be on season seven of Smallville and it seemed she would be more akin to the Michael Turner/Jeph Loeb Supergirl I thought this has potential to be fun and cool with the role reversal. Kara teaching Clark things about Krypton, how to fly, etc. Some of this was touched on and used in episodes but they just always have to throw in some kind of dramatic turmoil into the fray to ruin things for us. Do they really hate the fans that much to keep puttting us through this over and over again? I guess its our own fault because we keep watching...but only because they tempt us with greatness occassionally. Its like we're puppies or something. Even the cool Krypton stuff was dramatised with angst and relationship problems involving the Zor-El and Lara stuff. It becomes frustrating...

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ To be honest can anyone tell that I'm losing interest in Smallville (it's being replaced almost entirely by Terminator). What I've heard both spoilers and in rumor :D has me losing interest fast I'm afraid.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a line from Nu Who that's kept me warm at night.

Sad is happy for people with depth.

The ruination and decline of Smallville brings a Smile to my face. In the beginning, last millennium almost, Smallville was quite good for a show made to tap the 13 year old girl demographic, but now... I am positively thrilled every time they undercut my expectations with worse unbelievable balls than the week before week after week.

If I truly wanted to enjoy this show for what's good about it instead of perching on on an the barest opportunity to scath, I'd just turn the sound off and fast forward to scenes with Miss Mack. The episode where she was Jane Bond. Totally owned Jimmy who was trying to out think her and then went dancing.... Didn't miss Clark for a second.

I'm not a fan of the Jeph Loeb Supergirl, but he left a while ago. Her daddy is evil intent on killing Kal, and all the desperately seeking approval is totally from the weaker points in the new volume of Supergirl. Personally I was more in awe of Peter Davids run, albeiit ever so religousical in nature... and then there comes many Happy Returns where the (then) modern (Totally a human personality under the hood.) Supergirl comes face to face with an absolutely silverage kara Zor-El. It was hilarious when she thunk that her X-ray vision was busting peoples pace makers which made her quickly into a serial killer on her first day of school.

15. Admiral_Young

Yes NX I had noticed your allegience slipping...but as I've said several times already my attention span for this season is quickly fading fast. I will catch the first couple of episodes and then follow the news as to any important episodes later on. This will probably be my first season where I won't watch every single episodes. I doubt even the beautiful Allison Mack can hold my attention since they're intent on destroying everyone we hold dear in this show!!!

16. Admiral_Young

17. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been investing in Smallville for so long that I would feel awkward to let it go at its last season. But I do know for a fact this will be the worst season yet. :(

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

19. Avilos

Avilos Guest

Not as surprised as I am!!!

I have never been a huge Legion fan but I like them in small doses. With Johns writing this it should be fun! :)

20. Admiral_Young

More importantly Legion of Super-Heroes with Geoff Johns writing them! This should've happened a lot sooner but I am wondering if this is the different means of Clark becoming Superman that the writer was alluding to in the interview? The Legion will be WTF you're not Superman not? Where the hell is your costume? You can't fly? I wanna see a Legion ring on his finger and him flying!!!