Obi Wan series on the way?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Saul, Feb 26, 2019.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A slight is an insult. I really don't care if you're insulted. So it's not a slight.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, if I'm insulted, and I regard it as a slight, and you don't care why are we having this discussion?

I'm about to get very existential.

And feel like we are talking past each other, which does in fact suck...:(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

That's an asinine question
    1:) he is the creator of the franchise, the story, and spearheaded new technologies to bring it to life, from motion control photography of the 70s to digital projection we use today
    2) People DID demand his firing, or at least wanted him to be a story-only guy instead of scriptwriter (you know, dialogue) and director. Most people agree he made some terrible decisions for the prequels and during that latter parts of his tenure of Lucasfilm

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really, no. I am just curious at the inconsistency, though I largely know the answer.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

That Kennedy lady is a liar. She said at D23 that all the scripts were done and ready to film.
    Obviously not.

777 and Flying Spaghetti Monster like this.
  6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Liar.. sure. But it's because she is completely out of her depth

7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they were done and ready to film but she changed her mind and decided she didn't like them anymore. Which will be great if the new scripts are better than what they created but one thing that I am pretty sure she did is cost Disney tons of money and I am guessing Disney is pretty pissed because they got to be wanting SW content on Disney Plus sooner than later. I think the big issue is also just how much time it took for her to change her mind. I think it comes down to either she doesn't really have a vision and she is just going one step at a time or maybe Disney is actually slowing this down because they want to replace her and everything we hear right now is just cover because they don't want to say that to the public right now.

Jason

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

they will wait till her contract expires, they will not fire her, unless (like I'm hearing) the twitter voices and public outcry is extremely loud
    Still think they will wait

9. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anything can happen except being fired. If they don't want to keep her they just won't renew her contract. It really depends on just how deep of a problem they have with fandom I suspect. Is it a small minority or something bigger. Plus you also have to have someone ready to replace her. Also you always here about how Feige is being groomed to become Bob Iger's second in command so maybe he will have a say in all of this. I would like to be a fly on some of those walls I got to say.

Jason

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I've noticed that Iger has been speaking about SW, not her, and he even says the buck stops here, when talking about the decisions of SW. They pushed her to the background, and she only comes out when absolutely necessary

11. crookeddy

Is this some kind of wishful thinking? lol

12. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Sigh. This is just exhausting. Have fun, ladies and gents. I’m out.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm not saying I wish for this: but they will not fire her, they will likely let her contract expire.

14. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I had thought that after episode 9 she might resign/retire. I have no beef in this. But I would like to see things run more smoothly at Lucasfilm. Marvel has it's problems of course but I never felt it deviated from it's ultimate plan. Sure, directors change but the vision is still there. But with Star Wars the changing of Directors is also the changing of the vision/direction.

15. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Kevin Feige taking over the job of Disney CEO from Iger would have zero effect on the leadership of Lucasfilm because Disney does not tell Lucasfilm - or the person in charge of that company - what to do.

Lucasfilm continues to operate as a largely autonomous company and is only truly beholden to Disney as a distributor.

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

That's true.. on paper.

In reality, Iger would not be talking about SW mistakes and upcoming projects HIMSELF if that's all it was. There is a lot riding on SW, more than just "oh Disney is distributing our films".. or did you forget that they just built theme parks for SW.

17. crookeddy

They did not build any theme parks for star wars.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

So Galaxy's edge ($1 Billion) does not exist?

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Shall we get back to discussing the proposed (or not) Kenobi series? That is not really a question. ;)

Gaith and Campe like this.
  20. crookeddy

Galaxy's Edge is a part of Disneyland.