nuBSG fanfic "Battlestar Urantia"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by BolianAuthor, Feb 24, 2008.

1. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

I am a little late to the party, but i must say i found this really great!. Looking forward to your next work, although that nuBR concept sounded interesting as well

2. Radiogod

Radiogod Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yeee haw, let's get on with it Bruce.....:borg:

3. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Nice to have you on board! I'm delighted you enjoyed Urantia. Thank you..

There will be an update soon. :)

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Great story. I'll admit I only jumped through it a bit, but inspiring.

Might have to have a go at my own.

5. BolianAuthor

^

Thanks! :) I'm glad you like it so far.

I know updates are coming slow, but I said from the get-go that this new story would be an experiment... it'll be a constant work in progress, and I want to make sure whatever I post is good, and worthy of being called a part of the Urantia universe.

I just saw "The Plan", and had before been very afraid that the film would contradict almost everything I had dome with Urantia. After having watched "The Plan", I am extremely relieved that nothing in the film seemed to go against anything I had done with Urantia, so all is good... I can still honestly make the claim that Urantia adheres to nuBSG on-screen canon.

6. Candlelight

I posted mine. Hope you like it.

Def not as technical as Urantia but hopefully as enjoyable.

7. Macker

Macker Lieutenant Red Shirt

Folks...I'm back! I got married 11 days ago!

8. Candlelight

Fairly short fanfic, but to the point so I rate it 7/10.

(Kidding, congrats!)

9. BolianAuthor

Congrats, Macker... good to have you back. :)

Candlefright, are you referring to Urantia, or Ragtag Family? The latter only just started.

10. Candlelight

Macker's post. :D

11. Macker

Schmuck! :cool:
    Thanks!

12. BolianAuthor

RAGTAG FAMILY - "Life Is But A Dream" (PILOT)

CONTINUED...

BAY QUAY SPACEPORT - CAPRICA CITY

PAN-GALACTIC FLIGHT # 840

The large white and blue fishlike starliner sat in her berth, beside an identical liner... her sister liner, Pan-Gal flight 22. With a loud whooshing sound, the ventral thrusters roared to life, and with a cloud of dust, the starliner began to lift off from the pad, as beside it, the other flight now also activated its thrusters, and began to lift up.

Inside Flight 840, in the vast cabin, the passengers were getting comfortable, as many people looked out the windows to see the vastness of Caprica City below, as various other craft dotted the skies over the gleaming city, as the rising Caprican Sun bathed the morning sky in a warm array of yellows, oranges, and reds.

As the family in one row of seats get settled, the voice of the Captain came through over the speakers...

"Good morning, everyone, this is your Captain speaking. We've just departed from our Caprica City port, and have just broken orbit. Our course today will take us to Canceron. We estimate travel time will be roughly sixteen hours, so just sit back, relax, and in about half an hour, our attendants will be making the rounds, offering food and beverage. As we leave Caprica orbit, please take the time to familiarize yourself with our emergency procedures. We know you have many choices of airline, and we appreciate your choosing Pan-Galactic. Thank you." the man's voice said, as he signed off.

With that, the father looked to his son, and reached over, adjusting the seat straps on the child, before relaxing back in his own seat, as he looked in front of him, and pulled a magazine out from the seat in front of him, and began to thumb through it.

KOBOL

TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO

The cold and crisp Kobol air blew through the green Kobol highlands, as a single woman in flowing robes stood upon a rocky peak, looking skyward, as a group of five starcraft rose ever higher into the sky, until they became no more than mere specks, vanishing into the sky.

The woman now looked to the ground. She was crying. As she lifted her head, her face showed that she was extremely distraught... tears ran down her face, as she again looked upwards to the sky, and opened her mouth, screaming out in emotional despair, as in the distance behind her, a man came running up, his arms reaching out, as if to try and grab her.

As the man in the distance grew closer, the woman looked back in front of her, to the vast chasm of the Galleon Meadow below her, and without even wiping a single tear away, just closed her eyes, and began to jump.

The man who was running to catch the woman saw that he was too late, and at the sight of the woman vanishing over the cliff, opened his mouth to scream out, as he now arrived at the spot where the woman had stood, just moments before, and looked down at where she had jumped, his eyes wide, in disbelief and agony.

"NOOOOO!" he cried, after the woman, falling to his knees, as he wept. "Athena..." he sobbed.

TO BE CONTINUED...

13. Radiogod

Congrats Macker!

14. BolianAuthor

CONTINUED...

ARKSTAR GALLEON

TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO

The massive ship sailed through space, followed by about five dozen other smaller vessels.

PASSENGER LOUNGE

All was relatively quiet in the large and dimly lit room, as numerous people sat by the large windows, quietly talking, as they looked out into space.

One person, a woman, was seated beside one of the windows, with her legs crossed, as an open book sat upon her lap, while she brought her pen to her lips, contemplating what to put down on the blank pages before her.

The woman was so lost in her own thought, that she almost didn't notice the person standing above her, until she felt the slight wash of breeze, from his arrival beside her. She looked up at the man, who looked back down at her.

"Well, fruck me..." the man began, looking to the woman. "I had no idea we had an Oracle on board." he added.

"Yeah, well... I don't think you'll find any others here." the woman replied, trying to be polite, since she didn't know this man, but since he was wearing a military uniform, was to be respected. "If I were you, I wouldn't go blabbing it about, either. I'm not here to make trouble... I just wanted to get away, as you did." the woman replied.

"You don't have to be worrying about me... I won't say a word." the man answered, looking at the blank book the woman had in her lap. "You a writer?" he asked.

"Something like that." the woman replied, looking up to the man again.

"Looks like you have writer's block." the man offered.

"Could be." the woman began. "Then again, sometimes certain stories have a habit of writing themselves, and the writer just takes it down, as things go along." she offered.

"Is that what you think will happen here?" the man returned.

"Perhaps." the woman said.

"I'm Captain Ventar." the man offered, extending his hand.

The woman thought for a moment, before taking the man's hand, and shaking it, as she replied.

"Pythia." she replied, looking into the Captain's eyes.

"Pythia..." the man repeated, as he broke the handshake. "Well, it was interesting meeting you. I hadn't seen you on the Galleon before, so I wanted to say hello... make sure you weren't some kind of stowaway or anything." he stated.

"No... no stowaway. I was staying on board the Lehi, until this morning... just moved here." Pythia replied.

"Very well." Ventar nodded. "Enjoy yourself. And be careful... it's a big ship... keep your head down." he added, as he walked away, leaving Pythia to herself, as she turned to look out the window again, into the depths of the vast starry expanse before her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

15. BolianAuthor

CONTINUED...

14 HOURS OUT OF CAPRICA

The large fishlike liner crept along through space, heading towards a small blue globe ahead of it... Picon.

Inside the liner, all was quiet, as most of the passengers were sleeping, after having been served dinner. A set of flight attendants walked down the isles, making sure the passengers were comfortable, as one elderly woman in an isle seat stopped one of the female attendants.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" the attendant asked.

"Miss, can you tell me how much longer the flight will be?" the woman asked.

"About two and a half hours, before you can deplane. We just entered Picon space, and have slowed for orbital approach. As soon as we get entry clearance, we'll be landing. Try to make yourself comfortable." the attendant added, tapping the woman on the shoulder, as she walked away.

On the port side of the liner, a small boy and his father were sitting beside each other, at window seats, as the boy looked out into space, as the father slept.

Suddenly, a series of flashes of light danced upon the father's sleeping face, as the boy looked out to the source of the flashes, to see five Cylon Basestars appear.

Not knowing what the ships were, the boy's face lit up, as he smiled, and turned to his dad, prodding him awake.

"Look! Look, dad, look!" the boy said, as the father leaned to look outside the window.

LEAD CYLON BASESTAR

Instantly, the great black ship opened fire, and a duo of missiles shot out into space, racing towards the lone Pan-Galactic liner, with long contrails of white smoke.

COCKPIT

The Pilot and Co-Pilot all looked to the oncoming missiles with eyes wide and mouthes open with utter shock, as they began to scramble into action.

"Bloody frak... what is that thing?" the Co-Pilot asked, as the pilot grabbed the microphone, and looked to his Co-Pilot.

"Begin spooling up our FTL... now!" the Pilot ordered, as he activated the intercom. "Uh, ladies and gentlemen, it looks as if we're under attack... we're bringing our FTL online now... prepare for hyperlight jump!" the Captain stated.

"Ten seconds to impact!" the Co-Pilot announced, as he looked down at his panel, just as a series of beeps sounded. "FTL is on-line!" the man stated.

"JUMP!" the Captain ordered.

The two Cylon missiles hurtled toward the ship, just as a ring of brilliant golden light swept over it, vanishing the liner from sight, just as the two missiles sailed through the space the liner had just occupied, followed by a trio of Cylon Raiders.

ASTEROID FIELD - CYRANNUS STAR SYSTEM

With a brilliant flash of light, the Pan-Galactic liner was spat back into normal space, amongst the asteroids of the Cyrannus System.

COCKPIT

The Captain and Co-Pilot worked their panels, as they began to absorb the new incoming data before them...

"There's a lot of comm traffic coming in... looks like reports of the Cylons attacking... getting stuff from almost every world." the Co-Pilot stated, looking to the Captain.

"Here's something..." the Captain began, looking at the data and reciting it. "A general-band message, to any FTL-equipped Colonial vessels, from the Battlestar Urantia. It's a set of jump coordinates." he added, looking to his Co-Pilot.

CABIN

The heads and eyes of the passengers all looked up towards the speakers of the craft, as the Captain made his announcement, over the intercom.

"Attention, all passengers... this is the Captain. We're getting reports of a Cylon attack upon our Colony worlds. We do not have further information as yet, but we have been sent a set of jump coordinates, from the Battlestar Urantia, which we presume are emergency evac coordinates. We are preparing to jump. Further information will come as we get it. Try to remain calm for now. We jump in ten." he said, cutting off the intercom, as the passengers began to talk amongst themselves.

COCKPIT

"Five... four... three... two... one... JUMP!" the Co-Pilot reported.

As the liner slowly drifted in the asteroid field, the FTL flashring once again swept over the fuselage of the craft, and it vanished from sight, leaving only the asteroid field behind.

UNKNOWN SPACE

With a brilliant flash of light, the Pan-Galactic appeared, directly above a huge Colonial Battlestar, the Battlestar Urantia, as all around it, other small civilian ships were jumping in from FTL.

TO BE CONTINUED...

16. BolianAuthor

CONTINUED...

UNKNOWN SPACE

26 HOURS AFTER CYLON ATTACK

The twelve small civilian ships that jumped away with Urantia now followed the large Battlestar through space, as now all the ships had lined up in an organized formation.

INTERSUN PASSENGER LINER "OASIS TRAVELER"

The small ship flew through space, above the Urantia, as a few other liners drifted into view behind her.

PASSENGER CABIN

Inside the liner, things were chaotic, as the many passengers tried to either shout out comments and questions, or quiet their crying children, as the ship's Captain, and two flight attendants stood by the entry to the cockpit, trying to address the people.

"People, people... PLEASE!" the Captain shouted out, as the passengers gradually began to quiet down. "I know you all want answers, and I will give whatever answers I can give. I just got done meeting with the Commander of the Battlestar Urantia, along with the other ship Captains. They know just about as much as we do... Commander Standish has informed us that yesterday, the Cylons did launch a sneak attack on our home worlds. Beyond that, we don't really have a picture of how badly our homes were hit... we know only that it looks bad. Commander Standish and his people are working to establish a stellar fix, and determine a course back to Colonial space. In the meantime, we must all be ready for a lengthy stay on our ships... we are very far from known space." the man stated.

"Well, what the frak... are we talking days... weeks?" a male passenger called out.

The Captain looked to his two female flight attendants for support, and looked back at the man, a sober look on his face.

"At this point, I'd say months." the Captain offered, as the passengers began to erupt into shouts once again.

"What about food? Fuel?" one woman shouted out.

"We DO have a tylium supply in the fleet... a tanker." the Captain called out, in reply. "As for food... the Urantia is a big ship... Commander Standish has assured us that his ship will assist with our food needs, for as long as they can. In the meantime, we should all remain calm, and avoid a panic. I will update you with more news as I get it." he added, as he turned, and walked back into the cockpit, leaving the two flight attendants to close the door behind him, and deal with the passengers.

BATTLESTAR URANTIA - BSG-53

The large Battlestar continued to lead the ragtag civillian fleet through unknown space, as one of the two Pan-Galactic ships, Pan-Gal flight 22, sailed alongside the Urantia, at close range, flanking the Battlestar.

PAN-GALACTIC FLIGHT 22

The door to the main cabin opened, allowing Commander Standish to enter, as he began to walk through the isle, towards the back of the large luxury starliner, as on the way, the people in the seats looked to the Commander, as he walked by.

Finally, he reached the aft cabin of the ship, and was met by a Priest, sitting in a seat, across from another seat, that had been prepared for the Commander.

Upon seeing Standish, the Priest looked to him, and gestured for him to take his seat, which Standish reluctantly did.

"I want to thank you for agreeing to see me." Standish began. "I know you must have your hands full right now, Father...?" he asked.

"Father Cavil will do just fine, my child... and it's no trouble... heck, I would have been happy to come to you, on Urantia." Cavil began.

"I prefer to meet here... I don't want any rumors floating about the ship, about why the Commander feels the need to consult with a Priest." Standish explained.

"I understand, Commander." Cavil began. "So... why IS it that you feel the need to speak with me?"

Standish looked uncomfortable, as if he were trying to think about if this was a good idea or not. Finally, he decided to just spit it out.

"I've been having dreams... recurring dreams... and I'd like to know what they mean." he said.

"What kind of dreams?" Cavil asked.

"It's always the same." Standish began. "I'm in a forest... it's incredibly foggy... all I see is a roving wash of red light... and then a man emerges from the fog... he's an archer. I look at him. He looks at me... and then, he produces an arrow, and proceeds to shoot it up into the sky."

"And then what happens?" Cavil asked, as he rested his chin upon his interlaced hands, with steepled fingers.

"He shoots the arrow... and I watch it, as it soars into the sky... the arrow splits the fog, and a clear starry night is revealed. And then... the arrow... it strikes a star... and the star... explodes. It goes nova. Such a brilliant flash of light. Then the dream ends." Standish explained.

"Praise be to the Gods." Cavil began. "You have been blessed, my child... for the archer you see in your dreams, is Apollo... the one who pointed the 13th Tribe's path to Earth!"

"The what?" Standish asked.

"Have you not read the Book of the Word? Do you not declare faith?" Cavil rebuted.

"I don't subscribe to all that mythological stuff. I deal in hard facts." Standish replied.

Cavil now leaned towards the Commander, to add emphasis to what he was about to say.

"Commander... the 13th Tribe of Man left Kobol, on a voyage to a world called Earth. The Book of the Word says that the Arrow of Apollo points the way to Earth. Apollo has shown you a path to salvation, by coming to you, in this dream! He is revealing your destiny... to lead this fleet to salvation, by setting a course for Earth!" Cavil said, excited.

"And the red light?" Standish pressed.

"Obviously some kind of premonition that the Cylons would attack." Cavil replied.

Standish regarded Cavil for a long series of moments, before wearing an awkward look, and getting up from his seat, as Cavil also got up.

"Well, I thank you for your time, Father, but my destiny is not to embark on some mythical quest for an unknown planet... it is to lead this fleet back to the Colonies, and this ship back into battle against the Cylons, where we will finally put an end to this war of theirs that they began forty years ago." he said. "And that is what I intend to do."

Cavil just nodded, as he smiled.

"In any event, Commander... my door is always open to you... if you ever have anything you want to talk about, I'm here to listen." he said, as Standish nodded, and Cavil watched, as the Commander left the aft cabin.

The great ship continued to lead the fleet on its way back to the Colonies, as now a small number of Urantia's Vipers were flying CAP alongside the fleet, to ensure no Cylon problems would present themselves.

COMMANDER STANDISH'S CABIN

D'anna Biers, now in her XO attire, handed Standish a handful of papers, as he took them, browsing through them.

"The final loss count for the Vipers and souls, Sir." she began. "We lost 7 of our modern Vipers, 1 Mark II, and the final tally for souls lost comes to sixty-five." she relayed.

"We got lucky." Standish said, looking through the papers. "One Viper made it out from Solaria, and we were able to wrangle up almost an entire half of Celestia's birds. it could have been a lot worse." he added, as he now looked up to her, the light of the room reflecting in his glasses. "Begin to integrate those pilots into our own air group... have the CAG begin briefing them, ASAP... and tell her to also make them familiar with those old Mark II birds... until the techs can rip out the advanced avionics on the newer ships, those are all we have." he said.

"Aye, Sir." she began, as the Commander could tell that something else was on her mind.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Sir... Mister Hindri has informed me that he has found a trinary star system in the stellar charts that could be a waypoint towards the Colonies... he says there's a chance that from that star system, the Godhead Nebula can be seen... and if that proves true, we would have a fix from which to navigate our way back to Caprica." she said.

"Very good... instruct him to begin calculations for a series of FTL jumps to that system. And inform the fleet that I will be making a statement later this evening." he said, now returning his attention to the paperwork on his desk.

The Battlestar proceeded on course, hearding its flock of civillian ships along through the depths of space.

CIC

After a few moments, Commander Standish looked up at the DRADIS, and then back down to the illuminated surface of the table. He then took off his glasses, folded them up, and placed them on the table's surface, as he kept looking downward. Finally, he looked around, to his XO... to his crew. He then turned back, and picked up the handset, and the intercom was activated, as he prepared to speak.

"Attention crew of Battlestar Urantia, and all ships in the civillian fleet. This is Urantia Actual. Four days ago, the Cylons launched a sneak attack on our home worlds, in particular, striking with force at Picon. During that time, this ship, and this fleet, was displaced from the Colonies, in an effort to escape destruction at the hands of the Cylons." he began, as now he began to turn to look around at his people. "We lost a lot of good men and women. But we are safe now. And we are here now. The question becomes now... what next? Where do we go from here? As military commander of this fleet, and of all the souls on this ship, it is my first duty to ensure the safety of those under my command. At the same time, Urantia is a military ship... and as a member of the military, it is also my responsibility... my job... to safeguard the lives of those living on the Colonies. That being the case, I am now formally announcing that we are at war. We do not know the full extent of the destruction the Cylons were able to visit upon our homes. But I am hopeful that the Colonial forces orbiting Caprica and Leonis were able to deal serious blows to the Cylon forces. So... I have decided to make a course back to the Colonies, and once there, mount a new offensive against the Cylons, and send those frakking toaster bastards back to the hell from where they came!" he continued. "In the meantime, we will be on the lookout for worlds with new food, and water, and new renewable sources of energies and power, so that we may maintain our voyage in a timely fashion, without any prolonged diversions. Come what may, we will make it through this. We will persist. We will survive. And we will go on, and never back down to the Cylons! I thank you all for your patience, and your cooperation. Thank you. Urantia out." he said, as he gently placed the handset back in its cradle.

TO BE CONTINUED...

17. BolianAuthor

Okay... just an update for everyone who may be following "Ragtag Family"...

This WILL be a miniseries type of story, and won't be anything near as long as BSG Urantia was. However, some of you may have noticed that I make mention of the original Kobol fleet. This is for a reason...

In the same way that BSG Urantia ended by tying up the loose ends regarding Earth, and the whole cyclical nature of things, "Ragtag Family" will also tie up a loose end that I have noticed bothered a LOT of people about "Daybreak".

There is a MAJOR revelation coming, that I think will surprise you greatly, and that fits perfectly into the mythos of both BSG and "Urantia". Stay tuned. :)

18. Radiogod

Right on admiral, I'm lovin it!

19. BolianAuthor

The BolianAdmiral finally got his Admiral's bars! I'm so frakkin' happy! :D

20. Macker

Ritual Round of Party Applause!