Spoilers NO SPOILERS FOR CODA - A Lit-verse Grand Finale...What We Know (Spoilers for Entire Lit-verse)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ryan123450, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Being able to "hack" gravity - some form of mass reduction field to mean you can get off a planet with less energy, and avoiding the rocket equation, would be transformational.

Either way, assuming Musk doesn't run out of money before delivering some financial success, I see humans reasonably occupying the moon/lagrnge/asteroids/mars for good in the next 50 years. Once that happens, we'll be on the way to self sustaining habitats.

Assuming we get Fusion in the next 100 years energy in the outer system will be fine. With population growth in space then surely at some point there will be those aiming to leave the solar system. Accelerating to 10% light speed to emmigrate to other systems will take a hell of a lot of mass.

Without FTL travel or at least FTL communication, human civilisation will diverge if we leave the solar system.

2. David Weller

David Weller Commander Red Shirt

FTL pigeons?

Star Trek: Dastardly and Muttley

Interstella5555 likes this.
  3. Orion's Belt 27

Orion's Belt 27 Ensign Red Shirt

4. Mike Doyle

Mike Doyle Commander Red Shirt

5. Orion's Belt 27

Orion's Belt 27 Ensign Red Shirt

6. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those blurbs are, I’m fairly sure, going to be the final back cover text. If you’re looking for anything more detailed, you probably shouldn’t expect anything of the sort until after the books come out properly.

Ronald Held likes this.
  7. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Slightly longer back-cover copy has been prepared, but I don't know when the publisher will decide to send it into the system for Amazon and other retailers. It might happen at the same time that they reveal the covers, which are being developed now.

That said, while the new back-cover copy will have a bit more substance, don't expect any of them to give major spoilers of any kind. Dayton, James, and I each wrote our own back-cover copy, and we all vetted each other's text, to make certain none of us accidentally spoil anything pre-publication.

SolarisOne, Markonian, ialfan and 9 others like this.
  8. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really hope the Coda covers form one big image similar to something like the Crucible books by DRGIII.

DS9forever and Jinn like this.
  9. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Ships or characters? if it's ships, I'd like to see the Enterprise, the Defiant, the Titan, the Aventine and the Robinson.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd rather have a big character montage, if this is going to be the last time we see the novel characters, it would be nice to get official US pictures for at least some of them.
    Glad to hear it, it bugs me when the back cover for one book in a series spoils stuff from the books before it. I know sometimes that's unavoidable as the stories go on, but it's nice to know you guys are going out of you way to make sure that doesn't happen with Coda.

DGCatAniSiri likes this.
  11. David Mack

As I said, no major spoilers. The mention of a character on the back of book two or three might "spoil" that they lived through the previous books, but we make no promises about anything or anyone for the trilogy's ending. ;)

12. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I personally prefer it when they put characters on rather than just the ships

Kilana2 likes this.
  13. David Weller

David Weller Commander Red Shirt

I would like something like the covers for the Cold Equations trilogy.

Kilana2 likes this.
  14. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

A mix of both would be nice!

Enterprise1701 and Danlav05 like this.
  15. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

The covers will be rendered in the style of the Gold Key comics. I have spoken.

16. Bryan Levy

Bryan Levy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It’ll just be Mission to Horatius three times. “Finish” the way it started.

F. King Daniel and Jinn like this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's not to bad. There are a few series I've come across where the back cover of one book, spells out exactly how the before it ended.

18. David Mack

We definitely won't be doing that. However, we do plan to include some up-front material inside books two and three that will serve as very short (75–100 words) recaps of the previous books' core stories.

SolarisOne, Ronald Held, Jinn and 2 others like this.
  19. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Are you going to include something like the trek lit reading chart for the whole interconnected universe?

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure that'd have to be on an included fold up A1 poster, no chance if anything being legible on one side of a TPB.