Nichelle Nichols has died

Really sad to hear this. Just been rewatching the first season and, boy, she was so beautiful, radiant, warm and nothing less than iconic. Wonderful person, who made a true mark on the world, inspiring generations. You will be missed but never forgotten, Nichelle.

An amazing woman, I met her at a con a few years ago. Glad I had the opportunity. The franchise will always have a hole in it without her.

What a shame.

She was one of the greats. Met her several times at conventions, last time was 2018 with my son. She signed our copy of Star Trek IV.

MGyNRf3.jpg

A wonderful person. RIP

I can’t think of her without thinking of how her brother Thomas was taken away by that bloody heaven’s gate cult. That pain at least has been silenced…but not her voice…

She was a hell of a human, someone who took her role in a "failed" TV series and did amazing things with it. She was beautiful and talented, a woman of grace and humor, and she will never be forgotten.

Goodbye Nichelle and thank you. For everything.

Whose signature is on Generations?
Looks like Marina Sirtis

I knew this news was coming, but my heart is broken all the same. I’m happy she was recognized and fully respected for her contributions to science fiction, NASA, and the world at large, and I’m sad her final years were contentious. She deserved better. I’m glad she was with family in her final moments.

Rest well, Ms Nichols. And thank you.

Hailing frequencies closed.

I had been binging the Animated Series the last 3 days and was on episode 19 (of 22) when I heard the news. I then finished the series with a heavy heart. In the final episode of the series she voiced a pioneering Starship Doctor married to Commodore April. Throughout the episode she spoke in the voice of a very elderly woman in her late 70s and she had the last line of the episode and therefore the entire series!
So fitting and a bit of serendipity that she died the same day I was watching that episode. Her character and wise and dignified and pioneering -- all things Nichols also was in real life. Perfect end for the series. She got the last word twice in the animated series -- something she never got to do in TOS.

Back