Nice and Nasty Celebrities...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by TedShatner10, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Hmm he seems like that guy that doesn't take crap from nobody.

I saw a special where giada delaurentis would see how parties are organized. The party was to celebrate Madsen and his book of poems. Anyways he snuck into the kitchen and took a bottle of wine.

One of the party planners said that that bottle of wine can't be drunk yet, as it was for guests. He completely ignored her and chugged it down and left the kitchen.

2. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Dad met André the Giant, or so I've been told along with his brother. Nice guy from what my dad told me.

I met a hockey player, if you know anything about hockey. Mark Parrish. Was at my family friend's wedding. Totally smashed but I chatted with him. Nice guy but didn't want to get his auto because I mean it was a casual event and because the guy probably didn't want to get bothered on his time off. My mom though decided she wanted too, so she talked with him and kissed him :lol:.

Later I found out from our family friend, he remembered me and was amazed at how much I knew about hockey :D

3. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I haven't meet many celebrities and those I have had been Australian celebrities

1) Jackie Weaver (actress) - had a brief talk with her about spontaneous combustion, a topic she is very interested in. She told me she buys every book she can find on the subject. Meeting her I was surprised just how short
    she is.

2) Max Gillies (comedian actor) - for someone who so outlandish on screen he is quite shy and quiet in real life

3) Bon Scott (lead singer of AC/DC) - I was mildly hurt after being trampled upon at an AC/DC concert and was rescued by a bouncer and placed on the steps of the stage. Bon Scott realised what had happened and came over to see if I, and another girl, were alright.

I also personally know the actress Genevieve Picot who is from Tasmania. She was the female lead in the Australian movie "Proof" which also starred Hugo Weaving and Russell Crowe. Gen is a lovely person.

4. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went to a Ronnie James Dio concert 2.5 years ago, me and my friends stayed after the show with a hope of getting an autograph or a picture with him. There was quite a long line, but he stayed to sign and to take pictures with everyone in that line.

That's the result:
    [​IMG]

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I've no stories to tell. Met a couple of Aussie musos, none you'd know (Jon English, Mal Eastick, and one of the guitarists from the Angels) All seemed pretty nice guys.

What I am curious about is the lack of Shat stories. I've heard different reports, get him on the right day he's great, get him on the wrong one...

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of Sela Ward, she's remaking The Stepfather, which is a genre movie. Just saying... ;)

7. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I spent about a decade working in upscale resorts before I escaped four years ago. But while in the business I met some very nice famous people... and a few that didn't deserve to be. I won't bore you with a list (and I don't feel comfortable listing them anyway since to me they are just people) but here are a couple of good and bad...

The good...

The Honourable Frances Ruth Burke Shand Kydd: For you Americans this is Princess Diana's Mother. I believe she was one of the most humble and gracious people I have ever met in my life. And when you talked to her, it was like you were the only person in the world at that moment. This was a few years before she died (she may have even been ill then) but she had such a kind energy that most of my staff was in awe of her.

Pumbaa and Timon (Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane): Mr. Sabella was married at the resort I was working at and Mr. Lane was his best man. After the wedding, they took over the bar and entertained more than fifty of our guests at the bar's grand piano until 3am. They were absolutely amazing. I heard that they even did a little of their Lion King number for some kids in the recreation center the next day.

Frank Darabont: I encountered him while he was making "The Green Mile" and he was one of the most normal Hollywood types I had ever met. I don't know what exactly it was about him but I immediately liked him. He would be someone I would go have a drink with and "chew the fat".

The bad...

I am withholding this first name since this person has a family. But what I will say is this: it is a certain pro football player from a certain local team who beat up a preop transsexual hooker in his room. Not only did he break her/his jaw but he also managed to get out of it without having any charges filed. :rolleyes: He was also horrible/aggressive to the resort staff, destroyed furniture and skipped out on a $800 bar bill.

Bobby Brown: Yes, I have met this person. I had to call security when he tried to beat up a bartender who refused to serve him.

8. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

When talking to the crowd at a book-signing a few years ago, Orson Scott Card was not only very informative, he was fun and entertaining.

In 1993, I was an extra in a bunch of movies. I got to see a lot of celebrities, but we were not allowed to initiate conversations with them or ask for autographs, so for the most part I could not tell if they were nasty or nice, but I remember being disappointed that Whoopi Goldberg seemed rather foul-mouthed (talking to non-extras, not me). She did seem happy and friendly, however.

I'm a shy, quiet person, so if for some inexplicable reason I ever become a celebrity, I will probably be the standoffish type. If any of you meet me, please don't be offended; it's nothing personal.

9. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Yes. A minor voice-over in Scooby Doo Where's My Mummy.

I guess a paycheck's a paycheck. :)

--Ted

10. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I guess his family likely long knows that he's a scumbag, judging by the criminal behaviour he routinely expressed at the hotel you worked at, so giving away his name would not be a problem, and withholding his name so that he won't be shamed would be an insult to the hooker he seriously maimed. But a preop transsexual "woman" trying to get in bed with a dangerous guy without his knowledge does seem stupid (although then again not to be un-PC, a gender confused person drifting into the sex trade would not be a picture of mental health or common sense and would be especially vulnurable to violent physical abuse).

11. porthos_the_powerful

porthos_the_powerful Captain Captain

Joss Whedon gets major nice guy points from me. During the WGA strike I visited the picket lines to get footage for a short film I was working on for a strike related contest. Whedon showed up unannounced and being the geek that I am, I told him how much I admired his work and then asked if he would be willing to have a line in my film. He would have been well within his rights to tell me where to stick my little movie, but instead he agreed to it right away and gave a great little performance. That act of generosity made me his fan for life.

I also worked at a producer's office for a while and talked to my fare share of celebrities and directors. Out of those I can't remember one that wasn't polite to me when I dealt with them. Sam Elliot, Ali McGraw, Kenneth Johnson, and the aformentioned Frank Darabont were especially nice. It was always the guys from the studios who were the jerks. Go figure.

12. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Went and saw Van Halen in 1984. We had a balcony seat overlooking the side of the stage so I could partially see behind the scenes. I'd gotten this HOT girl to go with me and about 20 mins before show time David Lee Roth was wandering around, Budweiser in hand, and spotted her. He put his beercan between his legs pointing up at her and squeezed the can hard enough to make the beer come foaming out. Then he made some obscene suggestions and wandered away. Char was only sixteen-and barely that. What a class act. Michael Anthony saw it and swiped him upside the head.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

And a kick ass role in Office Space...he's doing well.

14. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

There are children involved. That is the only reason why I left his name out. Otherwise I would be happy to divulge his identity.

And by the way, he knew that this prostitute was really a man with breasts. This was not the player's first visit to the hotel or the hooker's to his room. But you never know what a person will do when they have that much cocaine in their system. Just ask Bobby Brown (who got a lovely piece in the National Enquirer about his visit with us from an anonymous tip).

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was Jennifer Tilly there too? :devil:

16. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

In '81 or '82, Stephen King stood in line directly behind me in a downtown Portland, (Maine) theater. My cousin Liz pointed him out to me but he must have overheard and got a little gunshy for having been recognised. He left the line (we never would have bothered him just out of respect) for whatever reason, but was later in the audience for the show.

17. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Frankly, I wouldn't blame him for being a little gunshy. I imagine King in particular attracts some very odd (and scary) "fans". Especially since Misery.

--Ted

18. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

BTW My friend got in a fight with Ben Savage :lol:...Ben was being a dick to my friend about his film and got up into my friend's face about it. Never really knew what the whole story was but Ben didn't like how his film looked on screen and my friend was like, sorry but that's how you shot it...

19. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I have met tons of folks at conventions. Almost all were at least decent people. A few were fantastic: Gates McFadden, Michael Shanks, Robert Duncan McNeill, Nana Visitor, Marina Sirtis, Katee Sackhoff. They really went out of their way to be cool and gracious with the fans.

A couple (William Shatner, Suzie Plakson)....not so much.

Outside of the genre, I've met lots of people over the years, primarily from growing up in Los Angeles. No one really stands out as nasty or nice. Most people are pleasant and...brief.

Oh, I should mention this one: for many years, Rock Hudson had season tickets directly in front of us. We always thought he was a very nice guy, bringing all these young fellas to enjoy the games...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  20. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right about McLean Stevenson. I worked at a hospital with his father back in the 70s. Dr. Stevenson was a great guy. Mac would come to the hospital to visit him and we'd see him in the halls, but he was very standoffish.