NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of interesting you say that because I thought this was Purdy's worst game. Considering how hot a start he has had, his worst game actually isn't bad. He did have a few over throws.

He never gets rattled. He had a couple of overthrows, yes, but he managed the game well. Never sacked. And as usual, Christian Fucking McCaffrey kicked our asses.

That Nacua kid you guys have is going to be a stud this year I think. He was all over the place and just continued his hot play from last week.

First receiver in NFL history to get 100+ yards in his first 2 games. Then again, Van Jefferson was useless. Hurry up Cooper!

:beer:

Eberflus got a 4 year contract? (isn't it usually 3?) I can't remember the last time , if ever, the Bears axed a HC early.

Historically, the Bears have never fired a coach with more than one year remaining on his contract (largely because the McCaskeys have very little liquid capital; their net worth is tied up in the team).

But things are a little different now, because Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus report to new president Kevin Warren, not George McCaskey. (In days gone by, Phil Emery and Ryan Pace reported directly to George.)

He never gets rattled. He had a couple of overthrows, yes, but he managed the game well. Never sacked. And as usual, Christian Fucking McCaffrey kicked our asses.

First receiver in NFL history to get 100+ yards in his first 2 games. Then again, Van Jefferson was useless. Hurry up Cooper!

:beer:
I see the Ram's main(?) RB went for 52 yards, but 55 attempts from Stafford? He's 2nd with 93.

I see the Ram's main(?) RB went for 52 yards, but 55 attempts from Stafford? He's 2nd with 93.

Yeah running against Bosa and the Niners D-Line is an exercise in futility.

Williams did have 100 total yards and 2 TD’s though.

But yeah that’s way more attempts than we want.

With the lack of original programming to air, Monday Night Football is going to be sticking around on ABC for the season.

Looks like Nick Chubb just blew out his knee.

It was so bad MNF wouldn’t run the replay.

Justin Fields just threw the Bears coaching staff under the bus.

Not a good look…

Justin Fields just threw the Bears coaching staff under the bus.

Not a good look…

And defensive coordinator Alan Williams resigned out of the blue this afternoon, allegedly for health reasons.

The team has yet to make any sort of statement outside of confirming that he resigned. Not even a "we wish him the best in his future endeavors" message.

YHImQ48.jpg

Williams' attorney called into AM670 The Score to emphatically say that this was specifically due to Williams' health and nothing more. But you don't have your lawyer go on talk shows to speak on your behalf the day of your firing unless there's serious shit going on behind the scenes.

Very strange times at Halas Hall right now.

I guess the coaches didn’t tell him: “Don’t throw it directly to the other team on our own 4 yard line.”

Who calls a middle screen from their own 4 yard line? Some of things are on Fields, but I think coaches are trying to get him to play against his instincts on the field.

They simply don’t have a standard drop back passer.

Who calls a middle screen from their own 4 yard line? Some of things are on Fields, but I think coaches are trying to get him to play against his instincts on the field.

They simply don’t have a standard drop back passer.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around, but yeah I generally agree. You have to let a QB like that do his thing.

Carolina QB Bryce Young will not play Sunday due to an ankle injury.

Dallas CB Trevon Diggs may have a torn ACL.

Anthony Richardson probably won’t play on Sunday at Baltimore. Colts seem to be playing it safe after his concussion.

That particular game might be negatively affected by stormy weather alongside the games in Landover and East Rutherford.

Watched The QB School breakdown of Fields performance against Tampa Bay. It was 1 hour and 35 minutes long. The Bears have a ton of offensive issues, and Fields is one of them.

Though I’m not sure Mahomes could make chicken salad out of the chicken shit they’re giving Fields to work with.

We’re getting some great games at 1pm here in Cincy. NO/GB on FOX or TENN/CLE on CBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back