NFL 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by 137th Gebirg, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

The players didn't lose the game tonight for the Texans, it was coaching. But it's still a loss for the Texans.

Story of my NFL life...... it's always what could have been. :lol:

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

So much for Vic Fangio’s vaunted career as a defensive master. Last night’s opener against Oakland was a complete shit show for the Broncos. Maybe he should go back up into the booth where he’s comfortable.

BillJ likes this.
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Patriots deal Demaryius Thomas to the Jets for a sixth round pick.

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Being a defensive mastermind doesn't necessarily translate to being a good head coach. Romeo Crennel and Buddy Ryan come to mind, off the top of my head.

Also, it's Week 1. Every team has 15 more games at the very least.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Don't forget Lovie "all the pieces are in place" Smith.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

But AB wasn't a new player in the NFL. He brought with him to the Raiders all of his NFL seniority (as it were) as well as the negative baggage, of which the Raiders were well aware.

You don't take on a situation like that without decisive plan to deal with, or not deal with, whatever comes. Also, with the type of rigid thinking you describe, very typical in the NFL I might add, the Raiders should never have traded for AB.

The Raiders acted like the whole thing caught them by surprise. The fact that they reacted to his request to be released as though that was their only choice, tells the whole story.

I'm not arguing that AB didn't act like a knucklehead and should not have, my point is that from the way the Raiders handled the situation, it appears they thought he was going to be a different guy. Why would they have thought that?
    After only two seasons? Not gonna happen.

7. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

That was really an encouraging performance last night by the Raiders. We actually had a pass rush which netted 3 sacks :eek:.

We had some run stoppage which is another area in which we were near last in the league last season. Our corners covered man to man. They were physical and actually looked like NFL corners. Losing Garreon Connely hurt, but I have a feeling our overall defensive philosophy and the other players won't allow us to fall too far back defensively.

The offense was less of a surprise but no less satisfying. Derek Carr looked like Derek Carr again, with pinpoint passing which was his calling card up to two years ago. Our O line appears to back, even without it's best player in Gabe Jackson. Josh Jacobs, a player I really wanted to see, got 113 yards from scrimmage and 2 TD's. I think we may still lack a deep threat at WR, but the way they played, I wasn't missing AB.

All in all, a good start to the season and a good first step in putting the off season foolishness behind us.

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they followed through with the stipulations of the contract and the CBA. They had kid gloves moments with Gruden, but it's not like consequences don't have actions.

What are they supposed to do? Ask pretty please if he will come to practice? It strikes me as odd practice to forgo what is a part of the CBA and his contract for behaviors.

BillJ likes this.
  9. 137th Gebirg

fireproof78 likes this.
  10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ugh, and then there’s that. Extra annoyance that it gets reported now as Patriots WR raped someone, no mention that it all happened when he was a Steeler. Doesn't matter at all, other than the usual numbnuts getting off on commenting about another sleazy thing a Patriot did. A STEELER did it, Patriots just signed him in that period between when he did it and when anyone found out about it. Besides, if you don't have a problem with Big Ben, why's there a problem with his long-time receiving corp? Sure, a Patriot murdered a guy, but so did Ray Rice and everyone can't stop gushing over him...

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. NFL exempt list? Cut? Business as usual while the crack squad of NFL investigators digs into this? This is where it's a better position the Pats are in than the Raiders were. Raiders were fully invested in him, and it's make or break with him. He's a luxury to the Pats, so while it would certainly be nice to have him, doesn't exactly tank the season to dump him, either. They'll be fine either way.

Also, know it’s Me Too and we believe the women all the time now, but this one does sound a bit fishy. Personally, I stop working with someone, or flying down to party with them, after the second or third time they sexually assault me. Not saying that nothing may have happened, just saying it sounds a bit fishy. But athletes and other rich folk live in a totally different world, so not like life experiences are comparable...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  11. BillJ

Scout101 and Thestral like this.
  12. 137th Gebirg

More of the same, from another source.

I find the timing of these news releases ... intriguing ... only a few days after his last crescendo of drama.

13. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf: Really?

Also, when did Ray Rice murd... oh do you mean Ray Lewis?

Likewise but sadly i wouldn't be shocked if it is.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Oops, sorry, Ray Lewis, yes. Ray Rice stopped short of that, just had the wrong name flash by when I wrote it down

15. BillJ

Supposed to be a text message from Brown about assaulting the woman while she slept. If true, he should be banned from the NFL.

fireproof78 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  16. 137th Gebirg

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

yep, if her story is true, I'm good with him joining the unemployment line. I'm definitely not there yet, but if she's right, he should be gone.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. BillJ

If he sent that text, it will be hard to shake the idea he committed sexual assault.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  19. BillJ

Chargers TE Hunter Henry has a broken knee cap.

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Browns fan acts like an idiot during the game, Browns ban wrong man who wasn't even there.

Which one of you who wasn't at the game is getting banned next?