New Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unlikely seeing as it's an identical angle.

The first image looks more complete with better post-processing, hopefully it's the final one.

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Commander Red Shirt

I don't know it looks like less Trek than the first one did, what with Kirk and Spock Piloting the Millennium Falcon and piloting thru the asteroid field. And everyone wants to take everyone out. When did our gang of explorers become so blood thirsty. And does every movie have to have some wacko looking to destroy earth, I get enough of that in real life can we do what the Enterprise was meant to be doing boldly going...

3. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I think Kirk is personally disgusted by Harrisons actions due to him having lost someone close to him (based on an plot outline released by Paramount) so its no surprise he wants to be the one leading the manhunt. I know he says 'take him out' but surely not assassinate him? I think starfleet would want him alive. Poor choice of words by Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof. The dialogue is more crude I admit but Enterprise is also guilty of this as well, I think it is done to widen the audience; but I don't think it is necessary. Chris Nolans films have proved that people will still flock to an intelligent movie if its good. Orci/Kurtzman have not got the message and are still in Transformers mode.

I agree that the villain threatening Earth is a case of Deja Vu and I hope we can explore some strange new world in the next movie without any Earth involvement. More of a geniune mystery? Sort of like 'The chase' from TNG done right?

4. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    Yea, because Kirk never killed the bad guy in TOS. Or the movies for that matter :rolleyes:

5. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

As anyone noticed that the new teaser trailer is very similar to the 2009 trailer !!! Kirk in space suit getting ejected from space..... 2009 trailer kirk doing space dive !!!! Pike giving kirk a lecture.... Pike talking to Kirk about how great he could be in the bar scene...... Enterprise jumping to warp..... Enterprise jumping to warp 2009...... only thing not shown to much is the bad guy.... Can't wait !!!!!

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I don't have an exact count, but I think that there are more exclamation points in this one than in the 2009 trailer.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks more like the Captain's Yacht from Insurrection to me, minus the nacelles.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Saw it tonight with "Oz". The 3D looked much better than the ST presentation that was attached to "The Hobbit".

When I came out of the cinema (in London), I saw this as a giant 3D display:

[​IMG]
    Star Trek Into Darkness by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

I wonder who that new looming villain is?

9. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Clearly you know nothing of crafting cinema.

[​IMG]

See? Star Trek peaked with people were sitting around a table talking about diplomatic minutia. The numbers don't lie.

10. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kinda looked like Pike could walk?

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

"Hey, You got your Star Wars in My Star Trek"

"No, You got your Star Trek in My Star Wars"

"Well, whatever, let's call it Reeses and watch the Hell out of it" :devil:

Awesome Trailer, I like that this trailer gave a more Kirk-Centric view of the Film, as a change of pace from the Previous John Harrison Centric Trailers, giving us a different feel.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Thank-you, I'm glad that at least one person here got it that my post was meant mostly in jest.

I also agree with you that the change of focus from Harrison to Kirk in this teaser was a nice difference.

13. Sindatur

As soon as I read your post, those Resses Commercials flew through my mind, and I couldn't resist putting it forth :lol:

14. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good one. :techman:

15. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The end of mystery about Peter Weller´s character..

Digital Spy:

The first half hour carries a significant death toll. Scores of anonymous Londoners and Starfleet employees bite the dust, along with (highlight for character death spoilers) Peter Weller's Admiral Marcus, who's the father of Alice Eve's Carol. And at the point where we left off, things weren't looking too good for Captain Pike either...

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Nothing about this film suggested rainbows and happy endings from the start.

17. Sindatur

Wait...you're telling me Alice Eve and Cumberbatch are not playing a Fluffy Bunny and a Unicorn? Damned misleading movie Titles

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sorry, just amused at all the fuss over the death toll when it'll never top the 6+ billion of the previous movie.