New blurbs - Typhon Pact, SCE, MyU, NF; plus Haynes details!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson Writer Captain

Yeah, this blurb has not been updated. I can certainly confirm that I introduce only a single alternate reality in Honor in the Night. It's a universe where everyone knows that "Mollmann" is the correct way to spell Steav's last name.

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

3. Cybersnark

Cybersnark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Defiant can take a prodigious amount of damage, though. It could easily have been rendered derelict but still reparable (as in First Contact).

4. David R. George III

David R. George III Writer Fleet Captain

Well, not all of it. The Romulans do have a divided empire, and Spock does play a pivotal role in the novel. And Sisko does rejoin Starfleet for the all-hands-on-deck battle against the Borg.

I just checked, and the actual cover copy for the novel has been uploaded.

5. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And here it is:

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which is here.

Hmm. "Beset by troubling events, [Sisko] seeks spiritual guidance, facing demons new and old, including difficult memories from his time in the last Federation-Tzenkethi war."

Aha. Sounds like this book is partly filling the role that the Lost Era Tzenkethi War book was going to fill. I had a feeling that might be the case.

7. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sounds great. The Sisko/Spock combo is very intriguing as a dual focus. I hope a few other DS9-R regulars are involved, but anyway this is definitely something I'm looking forward to. The Typhon Pact scenario seems tailor-made for the DS9 cast of characters.

I'd like to see Kira get involved in something other than Prophet and Bajoran-related affairs in the long run, so in that sense I'm not unhappy to see that the "Kira has retired to a Bajoran Temple" part of the original blurb is missing in the revised version, though perhaps that is nevertheless part of the scenario.

8. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, pretty much can't wait to read this.

I'm very curious how the ending of The Soul Key will be followed up (if at all) and how the Ascendants and Dominion storylines will be played out.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, very interesting. Over the last few years I've started to really like the Romulans, so I'm really looking forward to this.
    I'm also a big fan of both Spock and Sisko, so I'm seeing alot to like in that blurb.
    So David, would you be willing to say if the stuff about Kira and Vaughn in the old blurb is accurate?

10. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm working on a fan fic to answer those questions.

11. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is definitely the kind of story I've been wanting to see what happens with Spock and the Romulans. The part with Benjamin Sisko battling the borg again would definitely have a major impact on him. I look forward to finding out about his experiences during the Federation-Tzenkithi war.

12. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really looking forward to Haynes, NF & the Typhon Pact mini-series, especially having a prominent Sisko story. Even the SCE sounds interresting.

13. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully the conflicts within the Romulan camp will lead to more "screen time" for Tomalek(my favourite Rom).

14. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Surely four years since Sisko's return from the wormhole isn't correct? That would put RBOE in 2380.

15. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

The blurbs sound great :techman:. Spock and Sisko in the same book is intriguing. I'm all for the 5 year jump. It also seems like Zero Sum Game, since it has Dax and Bashir in it, will also give us some insight into the "gap". I'm most excited about what seems like NF lining up with the other 24th century books. I want to see Calhoun and his wacky crew in the thick of things with the rest of the fleet. Late 2010 is going to rock ;).

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Destiny was 2381. TyPac is set in 2382, I believe.

17. Cybersnark

Cybersnark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I guess it's possible the Big Borg Battle referred to is the Supercube Crisis, rather than Destiny.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow Roughs Beasts is quickly becoming my most anticipated Trek Book of the year aside from the Haynes Manual. Also I noticed thanks to the link Christopher posted to the Simon and Shuster website that it's being published on my birthday! I'll have to make a point to go pick it up at Chapters.

19. HOoftheKinshaya

HOoftheKinshaya Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's to bad. It was kind of cool that there was a race out there, the Klingons considered Demons. They were one of the best races created in the old FASA Star Trek RPG.

20. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Well, there's also the fact that we spent so much time on TNG and DS9 with the Klingons that if the Kinshaya were as the FASA RPG described, we should damn well have heard of them. But if they were a small, but potent power that annoyed them on a regular basis -- too weak to be a major threat but too strong to be properly conquered -- then that's something that realistically wouldn't have come up on screen, but still would be a longtime foe of the empire.

IOW, I didn't just dismiss it without thinking about it. :D