NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome work! (can't believe I didn't comment before..:wtf:)

2. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More work completed on the water redistribution system. Really shaping up.

3. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Amazing stuff!

4. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[br]
    More upgrades and more work ;)
    Deck 4 was pretty out of whack once it was reimported. Had to go back to the original
    buildup and check placement on all the pieces. Finally got it in place and correct. Thought
    I had this done before; but, some of the parts were still a bit off. So, I'm off to the races
    again. The images here show some mods in progress. The Bridge deck floor has finally been
    hacked down into floor and ceiling sections. With that done, the remainder of the bracing
    for that deck can be built and tied into the lower structure. I've dealt with decks 2-4 as
    a single unit up to now. And they're still largely inseperable as the structure all ties together
    obviously.

On deck 4, you can see some placeholders protruding through the outer hull. These show
    where the limits for the water tanks are and where plumbing and ductwork are to be routed.
    The structural members for decks 1-4 will all be generated and tied together while the dressout
    for decks 3 & 4 is done.

5. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those are truly beautiful images - I did not expect that! The pattern of shadows is something else. Eagerly awaiting more, as always :-)

6. havoc92

Thank you. And, yeah, the shadowplay is pretty amazing. Not always what I expect; but, nice to look at. Definitely gives a sense of realism to the images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the latest. You can see here the work has now been done in crafting the basis for the sides of the watertanks.. essentially bulkheads that will have a pressure door access
    once finished. It's not on the plans; but, I don't know how you have a storage space that large with no access to do
    inspections or cleaning as needed.

The first of the support structural frames can be seen between bulkheads in view as well. This will wind up being much added to and tweaked; but, the base is there now to work from. Both took quite a bit of time to derive; but, happy so far with the outcome. The last image shows a set of water towers in place. These look small to the space; but, combined with small pumps on the other decks, they'll serve to move water quite well throughout the ship. They need some work yet as the material broke on import and needs reapplied; but, very happy with this as well. Next will be work to the floors in this section. Haven't decided exactly how to do them yet; but, have some really good ideas brewing.

7. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been working on finishing the plumbing for the water storage section of deck 4. You can see in the first
    few images some thinking going on as to how I was going to handle floor bracing in the exposed area.
    Didn't like the first approach, dumped it and went for something similar to what I did with the framing on
    the Bridge deck. Overall, seems to be coming along well, so.. back to work. Enjoy!

8. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Brilliant stuff! Will you be including access points for personnel? Small crawl ways and such? Or do you think it would be more of a remove ceiling and wall panels for accessing any points of issue? That actually seems to make the most sense with TOS ships.

But ya- good work. I'm really enjoying this.

9. havoc92

Thank you. There will be access point(s); but, I haven't made a decision yet as whether to Go deck 5 corridor access or deck 4 crawl space. There are advantages to both; but, I think I'm liking deck 5 access better. Neither is on the floorplans; so, ..
    ;)

10. havoc92

Still doing cut and cleanup work; but, ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice! I can only imagine the polycount going up for the next decks :)

12. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I continue to be impressed by your persistence, progress, and stunning achievements on this project. This is a feel-good thread. :rommie:

13. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again ;)

This is the latest. Still working on cleanup of the deck 4 framing. Big job; but, had to be done in order
    to have a base mounting point for the deck 2 & 3 framing. The Blue necklace shaped spar will be the
    central mount point for the framing on the upper decks. Since that is now in place, I've already derived
    a base model to make the framing supports from for the upper decks. I also split the deck 4 walls for
    inner and outer hull sections. The last image shows this as well as work done to the deck 4 flooring.
    Been a very long and busy day of editing. Very pleased with the result though there's still a long way
    to go to complete this section of the ship. Plowing forward.

And, Blssdwlf, yeah, the polycount passed batSh*tnuts a long time ago. I don't even want to know where it is at the moment myself lol

14. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outer ribbing has all been trimmed and cleaned. They were booleaned to mate up with the "necklace"
    ring I spoke of earlier. A few more mods will be needed to allow for the PWT feed through the aft
    of the deck; but, no sweat. The last images show the buildup of the ribbing for decks 2 and 3 in
    progress. Back to work ;)

15. havoc92

16. blssdwlf

Glad to see you're still working on it!

17. havoc92

Tryin. Gettin the time, interest and energy to line up nowadays is like hitting the lottery.

18. havoc92

Ok, still working the superstructure for decks 2-4; but, nearing completion.

[​IMG]

This was in dozens of pieces as of the time this render was done. After a week worth of eyeballing,
    measuring and stitching bits together, this is now largely in two pieces and I may have another update
    yet tonight. I rechecked position on the windows and resultantly dropped the height of the window
    placement on deck 2. The outer and inner hull sections have been cut to match the new placement.
    Will have to mod the lowpolly skins as well; but, such is life.. Still workin it tonight; so, back at it.

19. blssdwlf

Nice!

The window placements do offer a challenge though! :)

20. havoc92

Still workin; but, here's another update in place..
    [​IMG]

Still have a number of things to do; but, everything has been combined at this point. Now I have to
    mod it for the bridge deck floor, gangway and the turbolift passthrough/support. Framing for the
    observatory door is already done.