Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Farscape One, Nov 11, 2018.
What does BTS stand for?
Behind the scenes (edited the post)
Is it "THE MAN TRAP"?
@Farscape One No not The Man Trap
The Corbomite Maneuver was not broadcast until much later than filmed, due to much post-production work? (This is evident in music cues for later episodes added to this earlier episode.)
Not The Corbomite Maneuver.
Clue 3: Before this episode, viewers didn't know there were any. Now they know for sure there are two.
edit to add bold
The Galileo 7.
1) Yellow and blue are the colours of our deaths this week.
2) This had to occur after the relatively early The Enemy Within. That episode does not mention shuttlecraft, let alone using them for a rescue attempt.
3) The ship definitely has the Galileo and Columbus shuttlecraft. But probably more.
@Methuselah Flint The Galileo Seven is correct. The BTS bit was that they didn't have a shuttlecraft mockup before filming of the series began.
Nice. Thanks for the new - to me - information.
@Methuselah Flint In case you missed it, you guessed correctly and the game is yours.
Great thanks! And we're off...
Clue # 1
I think this is the only time the Enterprise follows such a route.
Let that be your last Battlefield
We're not going to Cheron today Sir!
Clue # 2
Unlike the back and forward in 'Amok Time' and 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield', this course change moves the story along.
Not Balok or the fly paper today.
Clue # 3
The course change is due to a mystery of sorts.
1. The course is time travel back to Earth.
2. There they are at the start of the episode: orbiting Earth circa 1969. Talk about moving the story along. That's fast.
3. Solve the mystery of how Earth avoided nuclear war in 1969.
Nice guess, however this is no time travel episode.
Clue # 4
A similar route is taken in one or two episodes, but that is to pick up landing party personnel. This is a direct course change, which wouldn't/shouldn't have happened, if it weren't for a strange occurrence.
(My least favorite episode) And The Children Shall Lead?
1. Course is to Marcos Twelve by stupid kids shaking their fists.
2. Gorgon wants to get to Marcos Twelve to recruit millions of followers.
3. The crew doesn't know that they left orbit and started for Marcos Twelve.
4. While on route to Marcos Twelve, two security men are beamed down to empty space by mistake because the crew still thinks their are in orbit above Triacus.
Mirror Mirror. Orbiting from the opposite direction
Both nice guesses, but neither of these today...
Clue # 5
This is one of only two occurences, which feature this particular landing party 'grouping'.
Separate names with a comma.