Game Name That Star Trek CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Not sure about all the clues, but could it be Ambassador Fox in A Taste of Armageddon?

Robert_Fox.jpg

2. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Is it this 98 pound weakling?

[​IMG]

3. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

I have some small experience in telling you that Ambassador Fox is not the correct answer.
    It is written. That guess is incorrect.

4. MarsWeeps

Kirk in The Omega Glory
    1) When Tracey is talking to Sulu via communicator, Kirk yells "Sulu" but is cut off by Wu, who hits him.
    2) Kirk's interactions with Cloud William in the cell, he finds out Cloud William can speak when Kirk mentions "Freedom." Cloud William then knocks him out when his back is turned.
    3) Kirk utterly befuddles a red shirt (Scotty) by requesting 10 phasers with 3 extra power packs each
    4) Kirk starts quoting Star Fleet command regulation seven, paragraph four (to arrest Tracey.) - "by the book"
    5) Kirk has to battle another Star Fleet Captain - Tracey "to the death" but lets him live of course.

Clue 5 would also fit for Captain Tracey when he kills thousands with his phaser in order to survive but I'm not sure I can make the other clues fit.

Phaser Two likes this.
  5. Phaser Two

That is a guess worthy of a worship word. It is also wrong. (Scotty does not appear in TOG, by the way; Sulu is the one befuddled by the phaser request.)

6. Phaser Two

1. This character probably has some key personal information, but is cut off.
    2. This enigmatic individual has some interesting interactions with one of the more religiously inclined characters on the show.
    3. Utterly befuddles a redshirt with certain conduct.
    4. Much like Samuel T. Cogley, this character's actions were by the Book.
    5. Probably wanted to keep his skills at staying alive a nonpublic matter?
    6. Frees up key personnel for trips.

7. MarsWeeps

Ah yes....that's what happens when I rely on memory. I usually verify via transcripts but this one slipped by.

8. Phaser Two

:) I remember because it was one of the very few times we saw Sulu in command and making decisions. :techman: Sixth clue now posted. Your guess was outstanding.

9. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Captain Merik, Bread and Circuses?

10. Phaser Two

No, First Citizen! :D

I can see how that fits a lot of the clues, though. Nice guess. I'll let a few others have a crack at it. I probably made this one too hard. :thumbdown: :biggrin:

11. Phaser Two

7. Specializes in aliens. Then takes orders from one.

12. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    Mister Hengist.

[​IMG]

1. He bolts before the computer truth detection can be used on him
    2. Maybe Sybo could be considered religious since she is descended from the priestesses.
    3. Certainly befuddles Scotty.
    4. He wants to handle things in an "official manner".
    5. His body jumping exercises are not too good for business, if they become known.
    6. The key personnel get something like a "free acid trip" thanks to Mr. Hengist and McCoy's concoction.
    7. He attacks aliens throughout history, and takes orders from Jaris.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    MarsWeeps and Phaser Two like this.
  13. Phaser Two

I know something of this game. You're engaging in sheer speculation!
    (But what an awesome guess; geez.)

Steven P Bastien likes this.
  14. Phaser Two

2. This enigmatic individual has some interesting interactions with one of the more religiously inclined characters on the show.
    8. Maybe . . . more . . . shares an orthographic quirk with the communications officer.

15. MarsWeeps

Dr M'Benga?

It will take me awhile to put all the clues together.

Edit: Lying in bed with an iPad. A bit under the weather. Need to sit at my laptop to get all the clues together. Can fit some, not sure about all.

Episode - A Private Little War

Here are some of the clues I put together:
    3) Utterly befuddles Scotty when he takes over from Chapel and continues striking Spock in the face in order to help him "heal" from the gunshot wound.
    6) Frees up McCoy from his doctoring duties so McCoy can return to the planet.
    7) Studied Vulcans and has a good knowledge of their biology which allows him to treat Spock. He is also commanded by Spock (part alien).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Steven P Bastien and Phaser Two like this.
  16. Phaser Two

[​IMG]

MarsWeeps wins! Dr. M'Benga is the correct answer.

As debated at least once on this forum, Dr. M'Benga is presumably a Starfleet officer and has a rank, but because we only ever see him in his short-sleeved medical tunic, we don't know what that rank is, because his sleeves are . . . cut off. Sorry for this initial clue, but you gents and ladies are just too good, so I wanted something not immediately apparent.

In his first appearance, Dr. M'Benga keeps his own counsel and has an intriguing personality, leading to some interactions that I find interesting with . . . Nurse Chapel. Chapel. Get it?

Confuses Scotty by slapping Spock after Scotty interrupts Chapel doing so.

Dr. M'Benga was played by . . . Booker Bradshaw. So his actions were by the Book.

Seeing that this sequence of clues had confused everyone, I now set about trying to make this easier. This was an attempt, probably kinda lousy, to mash up elements of the names of the two episodes in which he appeared. Incidentally, the guesses of both Merik and Hengist fit this clue much better than my actual answer.

His presence allows Dr. McCoy to accompany Kirk back to the planet's surface in "A Private Little War." And presumably this was also the case in "That Which Survives."

Has a specialty in Vulcan medicine, roughly paraphrasing the dialogue. And in PLW and TWS, he takes orders from Spock.

8. Maybe . . . more . . . shares an orthographic quirk with the communications officer.

Two alliterative hints and then what I hoped would be the final trigger and was. He shares the " M' " with M'Ress. Sorry for adding in TAS at the end there but it got us home.

Hat tips to SPB and to T'Bonz, who each came up with guesses that fit all or nearly all of the clues (Hengist and Merik), which can't have been easy given their obvious difficulty.

MarsWeeps, you have the conn.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  17. MarsWeeps

I think that was the toughest one to solve since I joined in the game. Great clues, it's going to get me to start thinking out of the box a little more. :techman:

Need to think of a good one now...

Phaser Two likes this.
  18. MarsWeeps

Clue 1
    From this character's point of view, Kirk can be a gracious host or a violent one.

19. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Maybe it’s this interesting individual...

[​IMG]

20. MarsWeeps

The answer is not as black and white as you might think. Let that be your last Battlefield wrong guess! :)

Clue 1
    From this character's point of view, Kirk can be a gracious host or a violent one.

Clue 2
    A recent breakup probably contributed to this character's mental state and his subsequent actions.

Phaser Two likes this.