Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.
The Romulan Commander from Balance of Terror?
"He's a sorcerer, that one. He reads the thoughts in my brain."
But not this time as my cloaking device has been activated!
I am given an honor on screen by someone I don't believe any one person has gotten from before?
I feel fortunate for the position that I have been put in.
My experience landed me in this situation
I am given a specific task to perform.
A special event has taken place in the past, unfortunately I will not be able to attend this time.
I try to set up a meeting with the unknown.
Sybo, the Prefect's wife, who was killed during the seance scene in Wolf in the Fold?
"Concentrate upon the flame which burns upon the altar of truth.
Yes, there is something here"
But not this time, incorrect
Clue #7 Age, time-wise, is factor in my enthusiasm, in my field.
I was picked for something however I was not the first choice.
Doctor Miranda Jones?
1. Spock greets her wearing the IDIC medal. (Go Commercialism.)
2. She wants to be the first to mind-meld with a Medusan.
3. She is a natural telepath who trained for four years on Vulcan.
4. Her task is to merge with Kollos.
8. Spock snuck in to steal the glory to be the first to merge with a Medusan.
"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity"
Good guess with most of the clues but not who I am thinking of
Someone else was asked to take over my duties when I am no longer able to.
I did NOT get the usual catch phrases from Dr. McCoy
"He's dead" "She's dead", "He's dead Jim" "We're dying" etc
1) The only time a deceased crewman is seen buried. And by the captain. (The Galileo 7 was off screen.)
Kirk calls it a memorial. The tomb of rocks is fitting for a geologist.
2) He feels very lucky to be investigating such a young planet.
3) He is senior geologist.
4) Kirk asks him to look for underground water.
5) There have been at least four previous interstellar geophysical conferences, but unfortunately D'Amato's death sadly prevents his attendance.
6) " I want to have a conference about sharing your food and water."
7) The young age of the planet is a big factor in his enthusiasm, in his geological field.
8) Losira picks him to eliminate him. However her first choice was the transporter chief.
9) Sulu takes over his responsibilities, looking for what the substance is, that makes up the planet.
10) "Jim, every cell in his body's been disrupted."
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!
Nailed it, and each clues explanation is exacting!
Senior Geologist D'Amato
P.S. Kirk starts the burial himself, you mentioned Galileo 7 but that was Spock as acting Captain and in "All The Children Shall Lead"..."Captain's log, supplementary. We have buried the members of the Starnes exploration party." But that is more than one and not sure it was started by Kirk himself.
(other hidden clues in CLUE #3 My experience landed me in this situation" "landed" hinting landing party member)
Excellent! I am for you @Methuselah Flint ...you have the game!
Yeah, that was an outstanding set of clues and an amazing guess. I mean, I could have gone another eight to ten and had no clue. Nice job, both of you.
Ah yes, I forgot about the ATCSL burial. I thought of several characters not mentioned, but finally realised all the clues fitted our fallen geologist.
New game tonight...
Clue # 1
It's unclear why I survived.
Agreed, Phaser Two!
1. McCoy is baffled as how Charlie survived for fourteen years.
MCCOY: Tell me. The ship's supply of food concentrates couldn't have lasted fourteen years.
That young rascal is not aboard today.
Clue # 2
Perhaps it was to prove a cruel point.
Unknown red shirt security guard?
-Rojan could have killed/crushed them both as he stated
-Cruel point....one had to die to show Rojan/Kelvin's dominance.
"I think we're somewhat alike, Captain. Each of us cares less for his own safety than for the lives of his command. We feel pain when others suffer for our mistakes.
Your punishment shall be to watch them die.
It'sGreen you are correct - Lieutenant Shea from By Any Other Name!
Something I was doing was rudely interrupted however it was necessary.
Separate names with a comma.