My Trek Reading Project

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by tombo74, Aug 26, 2020.

1. tombo74

tombo74 Ensign Newbie

I'm planning on reading all the Star Trek novels in order of publication. I just started and am reading The Covenant of the Crown at the moment. Not sure if I can ever finish this project, but I'll give it a try.
    My question to you: If I go through the Memory Alpha production timeline, will I see all published novels and e-novellas etc.? Is there any other source I could use for this?
    Thanks in advance!

2. ORIGINALVIEWER

ORIGINALVIEWER Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I regret having given away over 100 Trek novels.

tombo74 likes this.
  3. 8of5

8of5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For a straight list of books, there's the excellent Star Trek Lit-Verse Reading Guide, which has a list of all the Pocket Books books, and all the ebook exclusives.

For a little more breakdown on each book the old Complete Starfleet Library is my favourite listing of older books, right back to 1967, it's my go to site if I want to look something up. You'll have to access it via the Wayback Machine as it's no longer online. You can browse by year, and it runs up until 2011. Which coincidentally is when I started work on my own schedule pages for Star Trek releases on The Trek Collective.

Oz Trekkie, kira_nerys and ryan123450 like this.
  4. tombo74

tombo74 Ensign Newbie

Thank you. That should give me all I need!

5. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

For what it's worth, the blog Deep Space Spines is also doing this, and his archive page gives a list of all the S&S novels in publication order (http://deepspacespines.com/archive/) up through 1997, though I assume it will be updated as he gets further along.

Smiley, Oz Trekkie and Desert Kris like this.
  6. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congratulations!

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

There's also the reference book VOYAGES OF THE IMAGINATION which covers not only Pocket, but all the books published by Bantam also. It's fourteen years out of date, but it's a complete list. Up to that time anyway.

Greg Cox likes this.