Spoilers My main suspects for the anomaly.

I'm on record being fine with the Burn being something original and well, for these writers, creative. It wasn't the Omega Molecule. It wasn't the Borg. The Temporal Cold War would have been acceptable but hardly original and they'd probably have screwed it up somehow.

At least the Burn being caused by an anguished, grief-stricken Kelpien child wasn't out of the trope playbook.

Was there ever a species connected to the Doomsday Machine or a description of its origin? Im still thinking that there is some link to other trek lore that will be discovered.

Not onscreen. The novel Vendetta says it (or, as it turned out, they) was created just outside the galactic barrier as a weapon against the Borg.

Not onscreen. The novel Vendetta says it (or, as it turned out, they) was created just outside the galactic barrier as a weapon against the Borg.

I love how The Borg have become a go to thing for many writers whether that's a good thing or not am not sure.

Leviathan from Mass Effect. The guys who created the tentacle monster in the last episode of season one of Picard.

The anomaly was caused by a giant alien who farted in a galaxy far, far away.
Discovery will full the torpedo tubes with simeticone and fire them over the alien, which will become to cry, to much happy after the cure. After that, the Disco crew will become to cry and hug everyone, again.

Back