My latest Star Trek Discovery Poster

GeekFilter

Commander
Red Shirt
Yup, newbie to Trek BBS but not to Star Trek. I host a podcast on Trek.fm and write for Trek Movie and design for both. I also have a comic book cover coming out in February for the Star Trek/Green Lantern crossover sequel.

I thought I'd share the latest of the Discovery posters I have been creating since last July. They have been either a sort of flat design or flying through an atmosphere, But, with cast members finally announced I thought it was time to get Discovery into space!

I've been inspired by the original design by Ken Adam and Ralph McQuarrie since I saw it in Starlog Magazine in 1978 so I was glad that it is finally getting to see the light of day, albeit in an altered form. I really am enjoying the interesting angles you can get from the ship and I'm excited to see how the ship has changed since its 'dry run' in July of 2016.

Since we don't have any idea about plots yet, I am continuing with the idea of big, sweeping land and starscapes evoking that frontier of space feel and using vibrant colors that harken back to Star Trek the original series.

Enjoy!

discovery_4_fin.png

Welcome to the BBS. I like the artwork; very dynamic. Is that a damaged NX-class ship backlit by the planet?
Yup! I wanted to add an enemy of intrigue or hint at a storyline. I thought running across an old NX might be interesting. Because nothing ever goes wrong when Starfleet finds a derelict vessel ;-)

Yup, newbie to Trek BBS but not to Star Trek. I host a podcast on Trek.fm and write for Trek Movie and design for both. I also have a comic book cover coming out in February for the Star Trek/Green Lantern crossover sequel.

I thought I'd share the latest of the Discovery posters I have been creating since last July. They have been either a sort of flat design or flying through an atmosphere, But, with cast members finally announced I thought it was time to get Discovery into space!

I've been inspired by the original design by Ken Adam and Ralph McQuarrie since I saw it in Starlog Magazine in 1978 so I was glad that it is finally getting to see the light of day, albeit in an altered form. I really am enjoying the interesting angles you can get from the ship and I'm excited to see how the ship has changed since its 'dry run' in July of 2016.

Since we don't have any idea about plots yet, I am continuing with the idea of big, sweeping land and starscapes evoking that frontier of space feel and using vibrant colors that harken back to Star Trek the original series.

Enjoy!

discovery_4_fin.png

Looks like someone is trying to profit off of your work...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-D...%3Ade4c500d15e0a866441573d7fffe12bd%7Ciid%3A1

Oh, that sucks! I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do about it, though. I guess you could try contacting ebay about it, but I think the chance of something actually changing are slim. :(
Yeah TrekCore let me know about it--it's a Chinese company (or companies) you get one taken down the come back a day later with a different name. CBS can't stop them so I have little chance. I did try to lodge a complaint and the company wanted a scan of my "passport or driver's license" Yeah....because I want you to steal my identity too? ugh.

Back