most out of character moment

that time tom caught b'elanna with a romance novel. shocking from her usual serious and ferocious attitude.
Nah. A lot of women/girls with a tough or boyish persona often have a softer side that they normally don't show other people. So I'd buy it in this case (It's not as bad as Troi being into Westerns).

That always reminded me of that strict butler character in Howard's End who was caught reading romance novels. Sometimes the hard cases are protecting a soft side.

People like to give Janeway a lot of guff for her decisions over the course of the show, but there was honestly only one time I ever thought she went flat out of character, and that was when she handed the holodeck tech over to the Hirogen in "The Killing Game."

Sure, they were under a lot of stress, but it just seemed wrong for her to cave like that. She never caved. She'd shove the PD around a little at times for survival's sake, but "The Killing Game" was, to me, the only time she ever socked it in the face.

I do love that episode, but every time it gets to the end I'm always yelling, "No, no, noooooooo!"

Thankfully, that decision rightfully came back to bite her in the butt in "Flesh and Blood" and she admitted it was a bad move.

Giving the Hirogen the technology was definitely a breech of the Prime Directive, but it was also the only way out for Voyager and the crew. The Hirogen could easily defeat them and so there had to be a compromise made. The truth was that the Hirogen ALREADY HAD THE TECHNOLOGY. They could have just taken it from the ship and figured out how to use it. What Janeway did was let them have that part of the ship and kept the rest--if that makes sense.

And I, too, and glad that "Flesh and Blood" came along as a lesson to her about the danger of making those sorts of compromises. I wish it had been made a bit clearer at the end of that episode that it was Janeway's own guilt and feelings of responsibility that made it impossible for her to punish the EMH for his behavior. Where does the blame start? Janeway knows she is at fault.

I thought it was out of character for Janeway to so blindly accept the "fake" Reg Barkley's solution for getting Voyager home in "Inside Man." She did so even in the face of contradictory scientific evidence. Just not her usual self. :rolleyes:

I don't really think that was OOC. As someone else said, I think we were just seeing a side of that we wouldn't normally because we normally see her as an officer. This was B'Elanna doing her thing as an off duty person.

Perhaps I'd just like to think its out of character because seeing her acting like a girly girl made me cringe.

i wasnt keen on janeway in equinox she seemed very stressed and angry and wasn't my favorite at all. and fury with kes was out of charater as well

OOC moment? Well, it would have to be B'Elanna in "Night"season 5's premiere, in the messhall when she's fighting with Tom.

PARIS: Durotta is a game of subtlety.
TORRES: Too subtle for me.
PARIS: Hmm. I'll bet.
TORRES: What's that supposed to mean?
PARIS: Well, if it doesn't involve Klingon pain sticks.
TORRES: Good night.
PARIS: There you go, just when I'm winning. Who's predictable?

I was shocked when they played this scene the first time, "what" is the author thinking? B'Elanna doesn't like anything Klingon, much less Klingon pain sticks!

Then we got the third episode of the season... "Extreme Risk". and I realized TPTB were foreshadowing B'Elanna's depression.

Mea culpa my inappropriate face palm. :klingon:

at the end of "flesh and blood," when janeway gave a "slap on the wrist" to the EMH after he endangered the ship, defected to another ship and kidnapped b'elanna (a fellow officer). after seeing how janeway disciplined other officers for lighter trangressions and that she, more often than not, treated the EMH as regular crewmember/officer i expected her to come down on him with a harsher penalty than questioning herself.

this is probably the only time i really had a problem with janeway throughout their voyage in the DQ.

at the end of "flesh and blood," when janeway gave a "slap on the wrist" to the EMH after he endangered the ship, defected to another ship and kidnapped b'elanna (a fellow officer). after seeing how janeway disciplined other officers for lighter trangressions and that she, more often than not, treated the EMH as regular crewmember/officer i expected her to come down on him with a harsher penalty than questioning herself.

this is probably the only time i really had a problem with janeway throughout their voyage in the DQ.

Thing is, though, it was Janeway's choice to fork over the technology that started the whole mess in the first place. I dunno that it would have been right for her to punish Doc.

Thing is, though, it was Janeway's choice to fork over the technology that started the whole mess in the first place. I dunno that it would have been right for her to punish Doc.
with regards to the technology no, but there were plenty of times where the EMH was told he was an integral part of the crew. to me this would be like if neelix suddenly came across a band of marauding talaxians and decided to aid them in the same way the EMH did. the doctor came across other holographic lifeforms and chose to side with them over his duty and friendship to the voyager crew.

Tuvok. I can'tname the episode off the top of my head but there was a culture that could send Voyager very far if the technology was modified but they wouldn't share it and I believe it was Harry, Carey, B'Elana and Seksa that were going to take it working with someone that was willing to trad them the information they needed. They were about to transport down tomeet with the guy when who shows up? Tuvok. And what does he do? He assists them :cardie: (I actually love this episode because Tuvok was the last person you would expect this from) His reasoning for doing it was because he knew Janeway wanted to but just could not do it. LOGIC? I am sorry but that was flawed logic. Janeway no matter f she wanted to would not do that and would never want anyone on her crew to do such a thing. The only logic is to not do what Tuvok did.

Janeway barbarically murdering Tuvix in cold blood without even so much as a kind word to him first.

Back