Most Disliked Delta Quadrant Aliens

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Six of Twelve, Jun 2, 2017.

1. questella

questella Ensign Red Shirt

They need to take up moisture farming. :P

Tracy Trek, Prax and Refuge like this.
  2. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was trying to figure out what was my most disliked Delta Quardant aliens but not sure. I would need to go to the Delta Quadrant page at Memory Alpha and look at the list of DQ aliens and see. I'll get back to this eventually.

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

For me
    1. Kazon. They look like 80s rejects
    2. Vidians. They really will steal your kidney, or heart, or anything.

That's about it.

4. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to say, the Sikarians were not well executed at all. The idea was interesting... a species that basically uses stories as currency. But as a villain or threat? They were hardly even a nuisance.

Refuge likes this.
  5. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who are they?

6. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Sikarians were the ones that refused to share their tech. with Voyager that would have gotten them 40,000 light years closer to home. It was early in the first season. Tuvok, Torres, Seska and Carey conspired to trade for it without Janeway's knowledge or consent. After their smarmy leader had told Janeway they didn't trade tech. with other races.

Refuge likes this.
  7. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

They didn't use stories as currency...they just really enjoyed stories and wanted some new ones. The "villain" aspect was that they wouldn't share something that could possibly get them closer to the AQ

8. Farscape One

They didn't technically use stories as currency, no. But they were basically going to do that when they offered the technology for their stories.

The Sikarians, either way, came out winning. The technology didn't work for the ship, and they got a whole new database of stories.

One thing did always puzzle me about them... the Sikarians got as far as 40,000 light years with that tech. How long did it take them to go that far and establish those platforms? And how have the Borg not found them out by now?

9. Gingerbread Demon

The Borg didn't want to listen to their stories. Even Borg have limits.

Odonna and Six of Twelve like this.
  10. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    The Borg seem to have a minimal presence in the in the region beyond the Nekrit expanse(from their perspective) apparently they don't have much of a presence in the region Voyager spent her first three years in the DQ.

Six of Twelve likes this.
  11. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

For me the Kazon are the most irritating. My biggest gripe is that they should have only had a small sphere of influence, but as Voyager headed home the Kazon still showed up even after many light years of travel.

The Tak Tak rank second, flailing around dramatically with strict protocols. I wonder what would happen if one of their ships encountered the Jarada. those protocol obsessed insects from the TNG episode 'The Big Goodbye'. Either they would immediately get along great, or there would be an epic war that nobody would ever understand.

12. Farscape One

What I mean is the Sikarians had to have gotten to that far planet and others like it by ship first before installing those platforms. Those planets are in Borg space. No assimilation?

13. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It seems like a technology that the Borg would have wanted to get their hands on.

14. Go-Captain

Go-Captain Captain Captain

The Sikarian transporter is a single-side device, like a regular transporter. It can send people away without a receiver, or to a reciever.

The only way Voyager using it makes any sense on its own is if it can self transport, the way Data's microtransporter beams Picard away in Nemesis. The only reason stealing the tech fails is because the transporter requires contact or proximity with the homeworld's particular crystalline composition. That may indicate the transporter tech can also retrieve people 40,000 ly away, unless we are to assume the other worlds are 40,000 ly away because those are the only other ones with the unusual composition.

15. Voth commando1

Yeah I recall the tech was uniquely related to the planet itself somehow.

16. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Would they? They already have the ability to travel great distances quicky

17. Gingerbread Demon

Imagine the fun if Borg got hold of Scotty's transwarp transporters from the reboot.

18. Voth commando1

The federation would fall faster than it would if the Borg didn't have it.

19. Farscape One

Yes, it works under the principle of folding space, and it was tied to the unique element on Sikaris' core.

But when that woman takes Ensign Kim to Alastria, even though we don't see the platform on the ground like the one on Sikaris due to that big rock in the foreground of that angle when they beam to Alastria, if I remember correctly, they clearly step downward from something.

How else could they get back to Sikaris, since the element to their technology is unique to Sikaris?

That tells me their ships must have gone to Alastria and those other outer worlds first in order to have the ability for people to get there. And they evaded getting assimilated. Somehow...

20. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

Yes, the first hint they get of increasing Borg presence is when they find the planet of de-assimilated Borg in the episode Unity, and the dormant cube floating in space nearby. Little did they know that they were flying into the heart of Borg territory - and no one on the planet thought to tell them what was ahead.