More LCARS 24 schematics

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Bill Morris, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Tomato, right. It's been a while.

About the type 15, I got this much of a start, but I'm confused about what goes inside the conical front part of each nonwarp nacelle if these are supposed to be impulse rather than thruster housings. So what I've drawn in there has to be wrong, but what should it be? Tailpipes in front don't make sense. They could be nonimpulse breaking thrusters, maybe. I don't know. And I assume the rear ones are impluse engines.

[​IMG]

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The front housings could have sensors or something, in a radome sort of arrangement.

3. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why not?

OTOH, if this thing is supposed to be only used at sublight speeds, it might also be optimized for maneuvering at crawling speeds, serving as a space forklift of some sort. There might be a definite need for reverse thrusters there, then. Or for bow attachment points for large tools.

Timo Saloniemi

4. Bill Morris

That makes the most sense to me.

5. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Regarding the Type 10 view, why aren't the microtorp launchers in the top housing, between the warp engines? That's where the craft has two fairly suggestive barrels pointing forward, after all - an apparent homage to the similar greeblie atop the Type 18 shuttlepod.

That's a cluttered location all right, but it's also a fairly logical one. If microtorps use antimatter, it might be nice to put them right next to the main tank...

Timo Saloniemi

6. Bill Morris

That's possible. It's easier to interpret it that way from these CGI's newly posted at drex files than from the forward view from the TM. But there are two things straddling the deflector that are suggestive of microtorp launchers positioned just the way we like them for our strafing runs.

[​IMG]

7. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

Let me tell you from experience, deck plans are not for the faint of heart. Even eight decks will kill you if you are not careful. :rommie:

8. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

I've done a couple basic ones of some smaller ships, including the Nova, with nowhere near the level of detail of the official ones, and they are definitely a real pain in the rear even if all you want is a vague idea of 'science labs hear, mess hall here'. It's the turbolifts that really get you in trouble, because based on the show Starfleet officers are too lazy to just take the stairs, so you end up trying to get multiple lift shafts without making it impossible to walk around the ship.