more details on Tarantino Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Aug 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

I actually think it's weird NOT to see Bones swearing on TOS, because when he does that in the films it actually feels in character and something he's always done. Call it the Mandela effect.

I'm not against swearing in Trek. If I'm against anything, it's excessive swearing and Trek doesn't really do that much anyway. I think the best use of "fuck" was "cheeky fucker", because it wasn't really used for dramatic punctuation or anything. It just kind of gets blurted like it's any other line of dialogue.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  2. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could be originally written with bad words but a producer or Tarantino himself could edit the language for another draft. I trust he could write something without it. His last movie had some bad words but I thought there was less than the other films he's made. Tarantino is a good writer IMO and with time I believe he could've structured the piece to fit more in the vein of Star Trek.

drt likes this.
  3. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Odd.

If one clicks through to the article, the headline reads: " ‘Star Trek’ Creator’s Son Had Reservations About Quentin Tarantino’s Franchise Involvement ".

Other publications had headlines such as "Star Trek Creator’s Son Isn't Sure About Quentin Tarantino Movie Idea" (ScreenRant) or "Star Trek creator's son 'struggles' with idea of Quentin Tarantino doing a movie" (Entertainment Weekly).

Had Reservations. Isn't Sure About. 'Struggles' with.

Where did the "rejects" come from? And why would Rod be in any position to reject anything, as far as that goes? And -- given that the Tarantino version of a Trek movie is, by all accounts, unlikely to happen anyway... ever -- why should we care? I mean: it's a slow news day and Rod has an opinion about something. So what?

Rather than leave this hanging around to be bumped up again a few weeks from now, with more linkspam and zero comment / elaboration, maybe I ought to just draw the curtain now.

Shaka Zulu and fireproof78 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.