Model Kit Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the stands are great. I do not miss hanging them from fishing lines to display.

Which version of VOY do you have, @Christmas Stockings... the 1/1000 or the 1/670 scale... and could you please share a picture of the bottom with the landing gear, and something for scale like a pencil?

Sorry if I am bombarding you. No pressure.

Yeah, the stands are great. I do not miss hanging them from fishing lines to display.

Which version of VOY do you have, @Christmas Stockings... the 1/1000 or the 1/670 scale... and could you please share a picture of the bottom with the landing gear, and something for scale like a pencil?

Sorry if I am bombarding you. No pressure.

No no problem I'll have a look right now..... Pictures are easy to do. It's the 1/1000 version which had all the decals for the windows and stuff. I just did not want the hassle of that or the clear parts except for the sides of the warp nacelles, plus I had problems with getting parts to fit. My goal was to paint it gold anyway so I'll do some pictures in a bit.

Edit: Here you go

DSCN0003.JPG
DSCN0004.JPG
DSCN0008.JPG

Just on the model of Discovery would have been neat had they made a way to have the spinning parts spin.

Last edited:
PERFECT! Thank you. Yeah that's the 1/1000.

I got two of the big versions but they don't feature the landing gear, that I know off. I might need to get at least one like yours for that feature alone.

I know it isn't popular but I don't care, it works for me. I can see how they fold up and stow. And the balancing act is easily explained. It's... to be honest, cute.

Or I might get a little crazy, try fashioning a set of legs for one I have. Ideas are forming already... Thanks again! :cool:

PERFECT! Thank you. Yeah that's the 1/1000.

I got two of the big versions but they don't feature the landing gear, that I know off. I might need to get at least one like yours for that feature alone.

I know it isn't popular but I don't care, it works for me. I can see how they fold up and stow. And the balancing act is easily explained. It's... to be honest, cute.

Or I might get a little crazy, try fashioning a set of legs for one I have. Ideas are forming already... Thanks again! :cool:

Why do people have a problem about the landing gear. I thought my model would be front heavy but it balances perfect on those four legs?

How much bigger are the larger versions.

Got Lego birds of paradise set

Last edited:
Why do people have a problem about the landing gear.

IIRC they find them silly looking, or believe them to small or weak to support that much mass. Magic Metals! Another complaint may be they would take up too much space inside. Well, ability to land comes with a price.

I thought my model would be front heavy but it balances perfect on those four legs?

You'd think, but the legs are in good places. Or something.

How much bigger are the larger versions.

NHQKi8A.jpg

I did this kit back in the 90's too, but gave it away to a poor family of fans. I am so happy I learned about and was able to get in on this reissue.

Got Lego birds of paradise set

<googles> Oh, wow. I never knew LEGO did things like that. Opens up a whole new world of gifting. Did you get the lighting kit as well?

IIRC they find them silly looking, or believe them to small or weak to support that much mass. Magic Metals! Another complaint may be they would take up too much space inside. Well, ability to land comes with a price.

You'd think, but the legs are in good places. Or something.

NHQKi8A.jpg

I did this kit back in the 90's too, but gave it away to a poor family of fans. I am so happy I learned about and was able to get in on this reissue.

<googles> Oh, wow. I never knew LEGO did things like that. Opens up a whole new world of gifting. Did you get the lighting kit as well?

No just the model... I also have the Lego typewriter. That's a fun build. Are there any real differences with the larger Voyager model to the one I have, more parts more details?

A bit over 20" long. First released by Monogram when Voyager was still in season 1, IIRC.

Ah, I remember that company, I was obsessed in the 90s with snaptite models.. I had the cars, trucks, even trains. Actually out of that lot the trains were the best as you didn't have to do much if any painting on them, not that I ever did that, but they were really nice and HO scale.

That is the NX-01/ Refit I built to assemble interchangeably. In that img the secondary hull is attached, but it is small enough to fit in its box mostly assembled either way.

I forgot to add the box cover to that img, I will fix that in a future edit but here is its box at bottom left.

iDIE3KP.jpg

I put them on. All of my models use decals. I wish someone would invent printed clear stickers. Entrepreneurs? :lol:

The Shenzhou was, because it is not a large model, the most difficult decal application I have ever attempted. I was all fumbling fingers and straining eyes with that one, I can tell you. Some didn't make it, unfortunately. :(

;)

In my head I always pictured the Shenzhou as being one of the odd ships like Voyager and with the nacelles like they are she could land

I wasn't the biggest fan of it on the show, but building it and seeing it from every angle, I now love it. When it is on it's base, the base fits under my shirt collar holding it in place, it is like a little parrot riding along with me. "Shenzhou on my shoulder"

Next round!

wZaIFi1.jpg

TiMxOKY.jpg

DVFYmAr.jpg

YdOkYeC.jpg

MSwIJGK.jpg

3xt7Duq.jpg

TFZq6LX.jpg

5cRyQ8W.jpg

UwJz8Ci.jpg

gotta love the artsy paint job on the Romulan ship. Glad they grew up and ditched those bird patterns it looked kitschy

gotta love the artsy paint job on the Romulan ship. Glad they grew up and ditched those bird patterns it looked kitschy

Surprise! They are both being used by Romulans. Remember Scott's surprise first time it appeared: "That's a Klingon ship!" They had entered a tech swapping alliance with the Romulans.

I like the TOS nostalgia kitsch. These are my 'canon ships' but I have another pair I will (hopefully someday) build with an eye towards more modern aesthetics. hehe It'll be interesting to see what you think of my not canon take on the D'deridex-class. ;)

Next round coming soon: TWoK Reliant and ENT Refit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back