Model Kit Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just asked that not be discussed here and added a convenient link to a forum where the subject already has 3 threads.

The topic here is model kits you build by hand from kits, not buy pre-manufactured. I am sorry for what happened but that topic has 3 places of discussions already.

The topic:

This kit is moulded in color. I did not paint the body or figures. I added many detail accents by hand though that make it pop compared to stock.
Jio7Ipc.jpg

ccgAhPP.jpg

9q5PMCR.jpg

L2c99Uj.jpg

TdwxCem.jpg

Thanks, youse guy's. ;)

The Scorpion always struck me as something like a two-seater Batwing. Didn't even know there was a model of it. Very cool.
:lol: Exactly.
Thomas Sasser made this kit happen…he held out for it.

The name searches out as an attorney?

Is this story, as a short, easily digestible piece, available online or can you just explain?

ETA: Kor explains below, but thanks for mentioning it. Interesting! [/edit]

I love the look of the Scorpion. I am surprised Starfleet didn't adopt the design

Romulan Copywrite. ;)

Last edited:
Thomas Sasser was quite influential in the Star Trek 'garage kit' community. He produced model kits out of resin. He also designed some kits for Polar Lights including the 1/350 Refit Enterprise. He passed away in 2015 due to complications from diabetes.

Here's an example of his work:

Kor

You been on the Moon? The subject is being discussed on 3 different threads in the General Trek Discussion Forum. Please don't make this one the 4th.
I just asked that not be discussed here and added a convenient link to a forum where the subject already has 3 threads.

The topic here is model kits you build by hand from kits, not buy pre-manufactured. I am sorry for what happened but that topic has 3 places of discussions already.
Please refrain from telling other posters what they are allegedly allowed to discuss in this thread and what not. I know you want to keep this on topic, but let that be my worry, not yours. This is a discussion board, not a blog. If a topic comes up, let people talk about it. A thread starter is not the arbiter of what other members are posting in the thread they started. And a little off-topic discussion doesn't hurt any thread, at least it doesn't in my book. If you really feel a thread veers off-topic too much, sent me a PM or report the thread and I will handle it. But no mini-modding, thank you.

Reactions: Kor
Closed as per request of the OP. Bye, thread.

To everyone else, feel free to discuss all of these topics in a new thread, should you decide to start one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back