MLB Offseason: All Rise for the Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I saw, Wrigley had its lowest attendance since 2017.
I'll admit to watching only a handful of games the last couple years, with 2020 being a wasteland. I'll take your word that attendance is down, though maybe not enough to concern anyone yet.

I'll admit to watching only a handful of games the last couple years, with 2020 being a wasteland. I'll take your word that attendance is down, though maybe not enough to concern anyone yet.

A buddy of mine works in the financial department of the team. Per him, despite having the second-highest ticket rates in MLB, overall revenue from tickets was down from 2017.

A buddy of mine works in the financial department of the team. Per him, despite having the second-highest ticket rates in MLB, overall revenue from tickets was down from 2017.
If they're still 2nd, I'd guess that every team's attendance was down then?

I think it'd take a big downturn for the Cubs in particular to feel like it's time to start making serious moves. I'm more pissed about them letting Contreras get away, particularly to the effin' Cards, than which FA's they didn't sign.

The Baltimore Orioles are getting in on their own Bobby Bonilla Day. Starting next year, they will pay Chris Davis $9.16 million annually (2023-25), then $3.5 million (2026-32), finally $1.4 million (2033-37).

The Baltimore Orioles are getting in on their own Bobby Bonilla Day. Starting next year, they will pay Chris Davis $9.16 million annually (2023-25), then $3.5 million (2026-32), finally $1.4 million (2033-37).
Chris Davis, the breaker of many records.....and not good records. Possible #1 "biggest bust" ever?

Maybe worst contract ever. He wouldn’t qualify as a bust as he did something to earn the contract to begin with.
I think most players did something to earn the contract, but those long termers are getting ridiculous. I have to wonder how many really were worth it. I think A-Rod qualifies as a success, and he's still getting paid by the Rangers 6 years after retiring.

Andrew Benintendi, 5 years, $75 million to the White Sox. The largest free agent contract in team history.

The dude that had Judges HR 62 ball, that didn't take an earlier $3M offer, sold it at auction for ...... $1.5M

Tom Browning passed away at the age of 62.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tom-browning-dies

Sad day. In Reds-land he was known as Mr. Perfect and Bull Dog, I remember watching the perfect game on TV and was at the 90 Series in Cincy.

R.I.P. Tom.

430-4302480_cincinnati-reds-alternate-logo-clipart-png-download-logos.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back