MLB Offseason 2023-24: The $700 Million Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I like the pace of baseball. Maybe people casually watching on TV think differently.

Is there anything better in the summer than a nice long baseball game?

Well, sure there is, but you get my point.

I don’t see the need to speed it up.

The Mets, with a payroll of $374.7 million, still finished fourth in their division. Now they have to pay the most expensive luxury tax ever at $101 million, more than double the previous record. What happens to that money anyway?

The Mets, with a payroll of $374.7 million, still finished fourth in their division. Now they have to pay the most expensive luxury tax ever at $101 million, more than double the previous record. What happens to that money anyway?

A chunk of it goes to Miami and Oakland in revenue sharing.

Wander Franco was a no-show for his Dominican Republic summons. Local authorities raided two homes looking for him. He is now a fugitive.

Last edited:
Wander Franco was a no-show for his Dominican Republic summons. Local authorities raided two homes looking for him. He is now a fugitive.

I understand. No one wants to go to jail in the DR. But, they’ll eventually find him.

Now they have a righty OF bat, problem solved! (I don't remember anyone specifying it needing to be a good bat.)

Plan the freakin' parade.

There are a lot of unhappy Blue Jays fans who remember this team picking up Derek Fisher because of all the tools Shapiro and Atkins seemed to think he had.

Wander Franco showed up to be interviewed by prosecutors today, and they arrested him for not showing up for last week's meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back