MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I like Ichiro, so seeing him in a Yankees uniform is going to suck. But at least this way he has a shot at getting a ring before he retires.

2. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope they can do one of those trendy one-day contract things when he finally hangs it up. And I definitely see him going into the Hall of Fame with a Mariners cap.

3. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well imagine my surprise when I turned on the game tonight to see Ichiro at bat wearing Yankees blue and gray :borg: I do agree though, he'll be going into the hall of fame with a Mariners cap.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

What, no one wants to see him in an Orix Blue Wave hat? :p

Also, what happened in the 10th inning of the Met game?

It was tied, going to extras, and I decided to get ready for bed. After brushing my teeth and putting on my PJs, it's suddenly 8-2.

Does the bullpen know it's not batting practice?

5. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

His bow to the fans in his first at bat was awesome.

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Think about your statement. You answered your own question the moment you put the word "Mets" in your post :p

7. Skywalker

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

A new stadium that was extorted from Miami-Dade County and a stadium that nobody wanted. (They're averaging 28,000 fans a game.)

In any event, if the Marlins are in sell mode, I'd like to see Epstein and Hoyer make them an offer. Starlin Castro for the Dinger Machine, straight up. Do it.

9. SmoothieX

Throw in a bag of footballs along with Castro, and I'd do it.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Miami is still averaging pretty decent numbers considering the Ozzie debacle. They were averaging 19,000 last year.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Skywalker

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, at least now he's not coming to LA. That's somewhat good news for the Giants.

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I still think this is the right decision. There are a lot of stupid things the Phillies have done that have hurt them, but re-signing Hamels isn't one of them. He's a very, very good pitcher who is still at the top of his game. There are other big contracts they need to dump in exchange for some farm talent, but that doesn't mean you have to sell every good player you have now. Just stop trading away prospects for win now gambles and start drafting good prospects.

15. Timby

The farm is ruined (and the jury's out on whether or not Domonic Brown is broken, considering they blocked him for so long), their window is closing, and if you're dumping a big contract, you're getting jack shit in return (unless you eat it, which the Phillies won't do). By the time any A or even AA prospect comes up to the majors and performs at a reasonable level ... well, Hamels' contract will be expiring.

In any event, Rube's gonna Rube, so I almost expect him to trade Dom Brown for Ichiro tomorrow.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Why do they make a point of saying the Nationals are "the first Washington based team" to be 20 games over .500 since 1933?

There have been what, 3 (now) major league "Washington based" teams since 1933? The one that became the Twins & the one that became the Rangers, plus the Nats.

It's not like it's the same team :rolleyes: Though it might be the first time the Nats/Expos have been 20 games over.

17. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

Hay Arizona Dback. you can make you run for the playoff any day now lol:)

18. SmoothieX

It's MLB, where reporters spray their shorts anytime they can make a historical reference that dates back before WWII.

The so-and-sos are the first team since 1900 with 3 guys on the team named Fred, 2 lefties that have pitched on consecutive Tuesdays, and a manager who spanks it while watching the team shower on the road.

See, it sounds important and full of gravitas.

19. Timby

Sixty percent of Adam Dunn's plate appearances this year have ended in a walk, home run, or strikeout.

Bow before your god of the Three True Outcomes, mortals.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rockies return home and proceed to visit survivors of the Aurora shooting. Link

:techman: