MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
In moments like this, I would much rather the fans be the ones to sing the anthem, rather than calling upon a guest vocalist, or vocalists, to sing it in their place:

As for the home opener itself:

I'm waiting for Holo-Harry to take over at Wrigley (as long as he has his holo-fishing net). They only do the occasional guest singer these days, which as long as it's someone Chicago related, it's OK.

Another gem from Ohtani last night. 0.47 ERA, opposing batters are hitting .100 against him.

Too bad he can't pitch every night.

Damn, I'm going to miss him when he leaves. He's fast become one of my all-time favorites. The guy is truly amazing.

:wah:

Keeping my fingers crossed he'll pitch one of the games against the Dodgers when I'm down there.

A Salt Lake City consortium that includes former Jazz owner Gail Miller and Dale Murphy has thrown their hat into the ring for MLB expansion, joining groups from Nashville and Portland. Expansion is expected to be the top priority after the A's and Rays situations are figured out.

Several MLB teams are expanding beer sales to the eighth inning, citing decreased concession revenue.

Rays have won their 13th game in a row, matching the '82 Braves and '87 Brewers for the longest winning streak to open a season in the modern era. The 1884 St. Louis Maroons (sorry, I can't read that without hearing Bugs Bunny's voice...) won 20 games to open their season.

A Salt Lake City consortium that includes former Jazz owner Gail Miller and Dale Murphy has thrown their hat into the ring for MLB expansion, joining groups from Nashville and Portland. Expansion is expected to be the top priority after the A's and Rays situations are figured out.

Salt Lake City? Good luck with that. :guffaw:

Would they even be allowed to sell beer at the ballpark?

Well.

So much for history, thanks to an embarrassing fifth inning. Back-to-back bases-loaded walk given up by the new pitcher, which was then followed by an error during a routine double play that would've ended the inning but instead produced two more runs.

Well...I was goin' for a 'straight' baseball reference. ;)

How's about dis' one Doc?

Can't beat the classics. :D

During the Rays/Jays game, I saw the pitch clock violation in action and it was just plain dumb. It was called the instant it expired, even though the pitcher was about to pitch...which caused the runner to miss an easy stolen base.

The instant replay showed the pitcher's leg going up just as the ump called it. But as the sportscasters noted, it's not an ump judgment call because they have a buzzer that tells them...but it's still fucking stupid.

And the worst part: It took more time to reset than just to let the play go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back