MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa was the city every owner (including the Mariners) threatened to move the team to unless he got a new stadium. The Giants even tried. And look what it's turned out to be.

Yup. I even remember them showing off a Tampa Giants jersey.

And then in the end, MLB awarded Tampa Bay an expansion team and their first owner was a cheapskate who refused to purchase internet for the business because he thought email was a fad, charged a high school band admission to play the national anthem, and whose strict no outside food policy prevented a diabetic elderly woman from entering with sugar regulating food and she had to sit in the tour bus during the game.

IIRC the Trop was actually built back in '93 (before the Rays ever existed)...in an attempt to lure the White Sox, of all things, to Florida. :lol:

Basically, Jerry Reinsdorf was at loggerheads with Mayor Daley and the Chicago City Council over getting funding and tax breaks for the new Comiskey Park. Eventually he leaned on George Steinbrenner, who called some of his rich friends down in St. Pete who said, "Sure, we'll absolutely take the team! We'll start building the stadium right away!"

So, without having a tenant in place, St. Pete began designing and building what would become Tropicana Field. Reinsdorf, of course, had no actual intention of leaving Chicago; he simply used St. Pete as leverage, and they were left holding the bag with an empty stadium.

I have no horse in the race, and no favorites between Rangers/O's & Phillies/Braves.

But go DBags & go Twinkies! A WS without LA or HOU would be a good thing.

I'm for the Rangers (vs. the O's) because they have never won the WS.

As for Twins/Astros? Guess. :lol:

Oh, and while I normally don't mind listening to the radio feeds, if I have to hear that thrice-damned Amazon ad ONE MORE FUCKING TIME I will break something. It's even more annoying than the Jim Brickman ad. :brickwall:

Can the O's win three straight against Texas? Probably not, because their pitching is just exhausted (and being without John Means really sucks).

But it's been a hell of a ride this season, and win or lose tonight, I'm proudly wearing this hat today.

sGHv2ij.jpg

GO O'S!

Brickman.

Hahaha I get it!

;)

It was an ad for the musician of that name, who's doing a Christmas concert in my home city this winter. I didn't mind the actual music, but they play the ad EVERY.FUCKING.TIME there's a commercial break. That and the Amazon ad, which has the balls to claim that Amazon - the same company who makes their warehouse workers pee into bottles - is "flexible", are seemingly the only ads they have now on the team radio feeds!

It's almost as annoying as the 1-800-Cars-for-Kids ad. Notice I said ALMOST. :lol:

It was an ad for the musician of that name, who's doing a Christmas concert in my home city this winter. I didn't mind the actual music, but they play the ad EVERY.FUCKING.TIME there's a commercial break. That and the Amazon ad, which has the balls to claim that Amazon - the same company who makes their warehouse workers pee into bottles - is "flexible", are seemingly the only ads they have now on the team radio feeds!
Brickman...and the emoji you used was "head against brick wall."

Ok, never mind. I found it funny.

AL East teams go 0-7 in the postseason. I assume everyone's been calling them the AL Least.
Except all season long, they really weren't. Two of the three Wild Card teams came from the East division, and as late as mid-September all five teams were above .500. Have they been fuckin' chokers in the postseason? Absolutely.

I can't stand the damned Texas teams. One associated with W., the other with the cheating history. God damn it.

Guess I am down to rooting for the Phillies or the Twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back