MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Jays and Brewers are out. Marlins also likely to fall.

That was a quick Wild Card series...

Fans up here are fuming over the decision to pull Berrios after only 47 pitches.

The only way to placate some (including me) is to replace the front office and coaching staff. The Jays were absolutely abysmal at hitting from the majority of this year and wasted two great starts against the Twins.

The Phantom Punishment. Possibly similar to what Manfraud did to the Astros.

Eh, phantom IL stints are really hard to prove and they've been an unwritten part of roster management for decades. If memory serves, the Astros lost some draft picks, paid a $5 million fine, and both Hinch and Luhnow ate yearlong suspensions. My guess is, if they even reach the point of disciplinary action, Eppler would eat a fine of a few hundred thousand dollars, nothing more.

In the AL I hope it's either the Rangers or the Twins.

As for the NL: I'm rooting for Philly. Not only did I have a great time there last summer, but one of my uncles played in the Phillies organization back in the day. Never got called up though.

His name was Dennis Iverson. Actually when I was in Philly I wanted to get a jersey with his name and number on it but then I realized everybody would think I was referencing Allen Iverson. So I gave up. :lol:

In the AL I hope it's either the Rangers or the Twins.

As for the NL: I'm rooting for Philly. Not only did I have a great time there last summer, but one of my uncles played in the Phillies organization back in the day. Never got called up though.

His name was Dennis Iverson. Actually when I was in Philly I wanted to get a jersey with his name and number on it but then I realized everybody would think I was referencing Allen Iverson. So I gave up. :lol:

Did you have some cheese-steaks :drool: and see The Liberty Bell at least?

Did you have some cheese-steaks :drool: and see The Liberty Bell at least?

I did!

I chickened out, though. I just went to the touristy cheesesteak places (Geno's and Pat's). But I was so hungry I didn't care. :lol:

I also visited the Franklin Institute (I love science museums), the art museum, Independence Park, and many other things.

I admit, I have in the past had some rather unkind things to say about Philadelphia, but I take all of them back without reservation. In fact if I'd known I was going to have such a good time, I would have allocated a whole week! (I spent a few days in Baltimore first before I took the train to Philly.)

Last edited:
I also visited the Franklin Institute (I love science museums), the art museum, Independence Park, and many other things.

I'm a 'nerd' like that too, I always travel w/ a sense of history. Chi-town has a bunch of great museums and good food too. I was always there to root for my Reds but I took time-outs between games. I have relatives there so I have an edge
there for tickets.

Baseball is definitely the sport of stats and apparently the Mariners have the same number of playoff appearances (5) as former players who ruptured their testicles while playing with them (5 testicles, 4 players -- Mike Parrott, Josias Manzanillo, Adrian Beltre, Mitch Haniger).

Baseball is definitely the sport of stats and apparently the Mariners have the same number of playoff appearances (5) as former players who ruptured their testicles while playing with them (5 testicles, 4 players -- Mike Parrott, Josias Manzanillo, Adrian Beltre, Mitch Haniger).

Fuckin' GAWD DAMNED OUCH. You just made me cover my balls in reflex. :eek:

Ouch.

Now that's a stat that really hits you where you live.

More and more I feel like this is just another Florida thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back