Contest: ENTER Misc Avatar Contest: The Ties that Bind: Real Life Edition

Avro Arrow

Vice Admiral
So who doesn't love an epic crossover??

It came about that I am running the avatar contest in three separate forums this time around, so I thought it would be fun to use the same theme in each one, similar to the Destination: Moon crossover in the Before Times of 2019. Interestingly, each of the preceeding contests in the three forums ended as ties, so I decided to play with that, and the theme for this contest is The Ties that Bind, specifically referring in this case to the ties of matrimony. (Since we are at the beginning of the traditional "wedding season", this is doubly appropriate!)

Your entries should depict a married couple from real-life. They should be actually married, not just dating or engaged. If they used to be married, but their marital status has changed, then the image should be taken from when they were married. As well, both members of the couple should appear in the image.

Standard avatar contest rules apply: maximum image size of 200 x 200 pixels, and a maximum file size of 1 MB. And of course the entries must be SFW. Images from news (including entertainment news) and documentary programs are OK, but no other media images. For example, if a couple starred in a movie together, images from the movie would not be acceptable, but a behind-the-scenes interview on E! would be fine. The couple does not need to be famous; if you are married and want to enter yourself, feel free! :) Each person may enter up to two avatars. The contest will be open for about a week; I am planning to put the poll up next Sunday.

As an example, here is my first entry:

misc-ties-that-bind-av.jpg

George Takei & Brad Altman, married 2008

If you are interested, please consider entering the other two contests:

Science Fiction & Fantasy
Television & Media (non-SF&F)

Have fun! :techman:

Back