Michael B. Jordan as the Man Of Steel?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Black Supergirl and her black parents, let them put together the implications for Superman.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  2. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The end is the beginning? Blackception! (Insert obligatory *BWAH* sound effect here).

BillJ and Professor Zoom like this.
  3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

So, another Elseworld story, like Joker?

4. doylem1

doylem1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well with how freely racist is thrown around these days it doesn't bother me you calling me one, as the word has lost its meaning and power because of how quick people are to label someone as one. So its no more an insult than someone calling me a fool.

And by that last sentence, I am fed up with Hollywood forcing a political agenda into their movies with race, feminism, and gender-swapping just to tick a box and pander/virtue signal to the twitter/woke crowd who don't even go watch the movies.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't that an Amalgam Universe character?

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

You should talk to @Flying Spaghetti Monster. You two have a lot in common.

Turtletrekker and gblews like this.
  7. doylem1

Black Panther wasn't a diversity or woke movie it was just a very good film based on a character that has always been portrayed as black from a nation of black people. Nothing wrong with this film and I encourage more of this type.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, ever since His Girl Friday came out in 1940, Hollywood has been on a long slide downhill into wokeness, amiright?

9. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, he did so well as Johnny Storm

Rincewiend likes this.
  10. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Calling someone a racist hasn’t lost its meaning, racists just don’t think they’re racist because they don’t use slurs openly. They just complain about having to be reminded that other races exist and claim it’s forced diversity or politics.

gblews, The Realist and BillJ like this.
  11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So, 1968?

12. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Fifteen years ago, btw. Long before actual black Annie.

BillJ and Ovation like this.
  13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Sorry, but I'm tired of all the racist dog-whistling nonsense in people who care too way too much about Hollywood.

Warning for trolling.

Turtletrekker, Jax, BillJ and 4 others like this.
  14. doylem1

Well, I know how I feel about my media and entertainment being gender-swapped, race swapped, being woke and I don't like it being changed for the sake of it and that's my opinion which is not racist its an opinion. Plus the Left side of politics is pushing the diversity agenda but that discussion for a different type of forum, not this one

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  15. Awesome Possum

Racism can an opinion, a very ignorant one but it’s still an opinion no matter how they try to hide it.

But you may as well get used to more diversity because that isn’t ever going to stop.

gblews likes this.
  16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The key word is 'entertainment'. You really shouldn't take it so seriously that any change to a character sends you off on a rant.

Hollywood is only selling what people are willing to buy. Next time one of those psychotic religious flicks come out, make sure you and all you friends buy a hundred tickets each.

Turtletrekker and Awesome Possum like this.
  17. doylem1

So I'm now I'm not only a racist but a religious psychotic as well, please note that in all my replies not once have I resorted to name-calling or insults but just expressing my opinion that changing race or gender for the purpose of diversity or virtue signaling is something I don't agree with.

judging by the recent failures of Ghostbusters 2016, Terminator Dark Fate, Charlies Angels, X-Men Dark Phoenix, Fantastic Four 2015 at the box office I may not be alone in that opinion.

But I don't need to justify myself to people I don't know on an internet forum. My conscious is clear.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I didn't call you anything. Just if you want more conservative fare from Hollywood, the quickest way to get it is for you and your friends to buy tickets to it.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK, it might not be your intent, but you really do sound super racist right now.
    EDIT: Oops, that was the post above yours King Bob, not yours.

BillJ likes this.
  20. Awesome Possum

That actually seems to be more like a problem with reboots and endless sequels. Amazing Spider-Man 2 bombed too and it was about a white guy. Blaming “wokeness” isn’t really backed by any evidence, especially since other films that do similar things succeed like Star Wars, the Hunger Games films, every MCU film not about a white guy, Wonder Woman, and plenty of other examples. So you’re welcome to believe whatever you want, but it’s pretty irrational.