Meet the Characters of Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Danja, Jan 12, 2020.

1. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Captain Captain

Meh. I already know what all of them look like. Give me the damn show, please.

Danja and DEWLine like this.
  2. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the fact that, despite the fact that the new aesthetic of the show is wildly different from the 24th Century series of the 90s, they still have to use that dumbass prosthetic on Seven's face.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is going to play his loyal sidekick who pulls androids' arms from their sockets when he loses a game of 3D chess?

4. Blooded

Blooded Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s a pretty iconic part of her look, to be fair.

5. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Premium Member

Besides, if they had removed it I'm sure quite a few people would complain, "Where's the prosthetic? These people REALLY have no respect WHATSOEVER for what 90s Trek established!" ;)

6. Blooded

Blooded Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And truthfully, I bet a lot of people wouldn’t immediately realise it was her when she first showed up in the trailer, too.

Danja and MrPicard like this.
  7. Spicy Thunder

Spicy Thunder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why am I wildly excited about Hugh? I can't figure it out, but I am!

antinoos and Danja like this.
  8. Danja

Danja Captain Captain

It's as iconic as Spock's ears.

It's part of the character. She stands out. She doesn't exactly blend into a crowd very well.

9. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They have actually redesigned it though. If you compare the shapes it's pretty clear it's a totally new piece.

[​IMG]

Maybe Seven just needed it to be replaced as the old parts wore down.

pst, Unimatrix Q and Danja like this.
  10. Mondragon

Mondragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Why?!

Cause this ^ was one of the best episodes and character moments, From Picard willing to use Hugh as a biological weapon to wipe out the Borg, to realizing if free will restored, some could again find humanity.
    Leading to a decision that created one of the more significant lasting schisms between Picard and the Federation,.Yet to Hugh infecting/awakening other Borgs, and leading an inevitable revolt not just against the Hive, also Lors later manipulation.
    All of which tie well into to the drama, set-up and themes all being developed for the upcoming series.
    So anticipating this great reunion, has been a long time (28 years) coming....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm really looking forward to it too!

11. Spicy Thunder

How will we be able to wait 10 more days?

pst likes this.
  12. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't get what that weird shadow is across Hugh's chin in the picture where he's in profile next to Jean Luc.

13. Spicy Thunder

I was thinking about that too, considering how it seems light is coming from every direction. Maybe it's the shadow from Picard's head:lol:

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like the cast photos .Thanks for posting them:luvlove::techman::adore:

15. Mondragon

Mondragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

16. Reanok

I'm so glad Gates McFadden was well enough to be at Star Trek Picard's premiere it was so great to see all the photos of her without the sling on twitter too.And that Marina Sirtis was there too. There's a new interview on Trekcore with Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis coming back to reprise their roles.Spiner comments about seeing the CGI Data in the first preview. And he's glad they finally fixed how Data face looked like he did in Nemesis and got it looking the cgi facial features right at long last.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020 at 4:12 PM
    Uhura's Song likes this.
  17. Crewman6

I'm not saying they should have gotten rid of it. But I am saying it looked dumb 25 years ago and it looks dumb today.

The other Borg in Picard, including Hugh, as the pictures show, just have plugged holes in their faces, which looks cooler/creepier.

18. Crewman6

Is she unwell...??

19. Reanok

Gates had to have cancer surgery recently on her shoulder and fans have been worried about how her health is from comments she mentioned it on her twitter page.In October she had the surgery and therapy on her shoulder she wore a sling in some of the pictures on her twitter page thanking the doctor and therapists after recovering from the surgery. It takes alot of therapy to recover from shoulder surgery.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Danja likes this.
  20. Danja

Danja Captain Captain

Depending upon the units they were each assigned to, maybe they wore different equipment configurations (necessitating different implants)?

Seven's medical needs are different than Hugh's. She may not have wanted to go under the knife needlessly (ESPECIALLY not to suit human aesthetic sensibilities).