Medical Update--Possible Setback.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support as always and kind words. I'm really happy right now. The astonishing thing is that I'd thought I'd be in more pain that I actually am, so that's probably been the best thing about the recovery process so far.

2. Admiral_Young

Had my first physio appointment today and while it was just an assessment, it went very well. It was also my first day out of my walker boot. I'll be going for strength and conditioning but my therapist said that it probably won't need a lot of sessions. Tomorrow is my six month post-op appointment, expect to be in there for about ten minutes, and I'll be going back home this weekend as I've been staying with my folks during the recovery so everything has been going very well and I'm in nearly no pain at all.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's fantastic. Hopefully the end is in sight. By Summer, you will be 100%. :bolian:

4. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Good news, Admiral Young!

5. Admiral_Young

That should have been six week post-op appointment, instead of six month heh. Everything went really well. The surgeon was pleased that I was so happy with things. It's still a slight chance that I might have to see him again, but for the time being we are just going to see where this goes from now. I am basically discharged now.

6. RJDiogenes

Awesome. :bolian: When do you start PT?

7. Admiral_Young

^ Already have. My second appointment is on Wed.

8. RJDiogenes

Ah, okay. I thought you'd just had the evaluation. How'd it go?

9. Admiral_Young

It was an assessment yes, but she did do some work with me too, just not the full extent of what we could have done yet since I was still in my boot. It went very well. I'll have a better idea of things after Wed though.

10. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Just remember... things could always be worse. ;) :D Best of luck.

11. Admiral_Young

This'll probably be my last significant update...hopefully for awhile...but I did have my second physio session yesterday and it went very well. Just mainly worked on balance, which I'll be doing for a little bit to reestablish it. Then will be focusing on strength and conditioning. I'll probably be in physio about a month or so before deciding if I'm a hundred percent again.

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to thank everyone who has been on this long journey with me and for their encouragement and support. It's meant a lot!

12. RJDiogenes

Congratulations. I'm glad everything has finally worked out. You'll have a great spring and summer coming up now that you can finally put all this behind you. :)