Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Reverend, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition stats....

68% of players made Shepard male, Earthborn upbringing was 52%, Survivor background 44%, Soldier class 40%
    60% of players chose to save Ashley over Kaidan
    68% of players punch the reporter instead of answering questions
    93% of players saved the Rachni Queen
    94% of players had Wrex survive the mission on Virmire
    96% of players chose to cure the Genophage
    96% of players also saw Tali pardoned
    Garrus is the most popular ME1 squadmate and most likely to survive the ME2 suicide mission
    Mordin, Tali and Jack were the least likely to survive the suicide mission

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/m...rs-sure-like-punching-reporters/1100-6494470/

Seven of Five likes this.
  2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that's at least double the number of Femshep players for LE vs when Bioware put out those stats in 2013?

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Any link to the raw stats instead of the article?

I’ve always saved Ashley but considering Kaidan this time just cause I haven’t seen his story in depth and know Liara is best girl. Ashley’s anti-alien attitude is grating if you’re not romancing her.

4. Aragorn

Here's what Bioware tweeted. You should be able to blow it up by clicking on it once.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7T7D42UYAQ7-fm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

JirinPanthosa likes this.
  5. Synodic

Synodic Ensign Red Shirt

I didn't realise how fun the vanguard class was until trying it in the Legendary Edition.

I made just about every same decision, except to save Kaiden instead of Ashley, which I think will be my usual choice from now on.

6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Why wouldn’t you save Ashley? She’s gorgeous. :)

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It's worth it at least once, to be honest. And his part in 3 is quite good imo. Still not as strong as Ashley overall, but some good stuff.

8. JirinPanthosa

She’s racist, for one. And she’s hot but not blue.

9. thribs

She’s slightly distrustful of aliens. The whole point is that she grows throughout the games. I mean she goes from not liking aliens to seeing Tali as her sister.
    Kaiden is just a bore. :)

10. Aragorn

Apparently if Wrex dies in the first game, you can convince Mordin not to go through with the cure in the third game and he lives.

11. JirinPanthosa

When I had her in 3 she hardly had anything to say on the ship. She just kind of passed out drunk a few times.

12. thribs

Did you not visit her at the hospital? You can talk to her on the Citadel a few times as well

13. Aragorn

Been checking out Mass Effect videos on choices being made or not made that affect the storyline.

There's a funny one where if you go to Virmire without Garrus or Liara, Wrex can't die because you'd only be left with Tali as your squadmate, so he simply stands down during your confrontation.

14. JirinPanthosa

I didn't know you could skip Garrus.

15. Aragorn

If you don't want Garrus to come with you, he doesn't join the team and stays behind. Unlike Tali, where if you decline her, Udina makes you take her anyway.

16. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's been a while but can't you refuse Wrex too? Given Virmire, I'd think not but it's in the back of my head that you could just not recruit him and Garrus. It's not something I've done on any of my playthroughs though.

I have left Liara til the very last just once as her dialogue changes a bit then:D

17. JirinPanthosa

Is there any reason to turn down any characters besides just choosing to roleplay a human supremacist?

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly just rushing through without talking to some people?
    I know I missed some of the subquests on my first run (of the original) by being more focused on the main mission. I have recruited everyone though.

19. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

The one thing that really saved ME3 for me was the Happy Ending Mod. I actually stopped playing ME3 initially when I found out how the game originally concluded (you get to royally screw the galaxy in three different colors, etc.) which was probably the most nihilistic thing you could do, not to mention that Catalyst character aka as some call "Star Brat" who makes Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars prequels bearable. From a narrative standpoint, it was like tacking the ending for "2001: A Space Odyssey" at the end of the original "Star Wars" trilogy. IMHO, the original way that game concluded retroactively ruined the other two games.

20. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I didn't know there is a happy ending mod