Mass Effect: ANDROMEDA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HotRod, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, beyond a certain point you can have more mineral resources than you know what to do with and so the real valuables becomes research data, especially Milky-Way data as it's increasingly hard to come by, even with the AVP perks.

The main problem with loot for me is the lack of unique items like the legendary weapons and armor in DAI. Except for early on, even ultra rares aren't really much of a find since then can all be bought for a few thousand credits, which is chump change after selling all your salvage on Eos. Most gear I find gets instantly deconstructed since I know I can build something better once I get back to the Tempest.

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Different JC, I hope:D

As for your Origin issue, afraid not. Mine showed up straight after entering the code (though it took about fours hours to d'l). Looking online, they mention checking the order history, clicking on reloading my games (or uninstalling and reinstalling Origin)?

My version of Origin sometimes goes crazy with not showing installed games (something to do with the filters) :(

As for MEA, I just did a sidetrip for Vetra and her sister last night, and this time I enjoyed the Nomad more (Low Grav planet - and occasionally loud vocal comments from my passengers), but I also ran into a graphic issue when I had a chat with Jaal and Liam (Two Jaals, partly connected - That was mildly disconcerting:lol: )

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You give up quick. Have you checked Google or emailed Origin?

4. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I have and they said I put in the wrong code there were two codes in the box and I put in the other one and the game is now here. I didn't see the other code as it was a white card with tiny black writing right down the bottom, and I needed a magnifying glass.

5. Gingerbread Demon

I just did a custom job on my Ryder and changed her name from Sara to Christine and she has bright red hair and green eyes.

The game gave me a warning about my AMD drivers being 17.2.1 and that I should be using 17.3.3 with the option to try the game regardless. I chose the latter and everything seems to run fine regardless of the warning. Some of the animation was a little iffy but nothing deal breaking, I found some of the background characters walking animations were a bit funny and that was about it.

Onto the game, well so far FUN.

OK a bit lost here. Some of the menus are a bit confusing the way the game lays stuff out.

Can you change difficulty in the game while playing if you are in the main menu or do you have to start over if you do that?

Also lost on the map. I got past the first bit of shuttle wreckage, and explored a cave, found an animal that had been trapped but keep bumping into nasty aliens that want to kill me. The first time you meet them you can't even avoid fighting them. Anyway which way do I continue walking? Do I have to head for where the flares are, just seems like a huge hike and lots of nasty aliens.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. BillJ

You can change difficulty at any time.

7. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After you save whatshisface, you can head either right or left, I usually head right to quickly encounter another crewmember who's impossible to save (I just call him Jenkins now ;)) After that, feel free to thoroughly explore everywhere and scan everything you can to get research points (which are used in crafting later on.) Don't head to the flare until you've done everything else. You won't be able to return to the surface of Habitat 7 later on in the game.

8. Gingerbread Demon

Ah.................

I am remapping the keyboard controls, the default layout is shit.

And while running around the rocks and wacky plants I was thinking about the other games and how much fun they were. And ME 3 is probably my 2nd favourite next to the original, and it got me thinking though about that darned ending.

I did always wonder why in the control and Synthesis endings of ME 3 why was everyone still running away from the blast wave? In Synthesis it wasn't that destructive, only the relays blew up, and in the control ending yeah the relays blew up again but the wave itself wasn't physically destructive was it? So why was everyone trying to run away from the wave because they had no chance or place they could have escaped it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Gingerbread Demon

Hey what's this thing about the Sara Ryder model being changed so it looked nothing like the actual actor model that was playing her in the game? Yet the Scot Ryder model looks like his actor?

I've been reading up on some of the drama behind the scenes and people are going on about this stuff. What's the deal?

BTW I changed the name from Sara to Christine and gave her bright green eyes and bright red hair.

Some of the animations are a bit janky but I can live with that.

10. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

According to the internet, Bioware are radical feminists who believe attractive women are evil and shouldn't exist, so they uglied the default female Ryder up to look more "real". According to the internet. I'd take with a grain of salt, personally. I think it's far more likely and believable that whoever designed the character model was simply incompetent. If they'd intended the character to be ugly, there's no shortage of ugly people to use as face models, after all.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  11. BillJ

I think the default Ryder is attractive. :shrug:

Gingerbread Demon and Lior .B. like this.
  12. Gingerbread Demon

I didn't mind the default Ryder, I kept that face but changed the hair and eye colour.

Now what's the deal with the stupid nomad?

If I use the left and right arrow keys for steering my whole screen spins around when driving. WTF?

13. Evil Twin

14. Gingerbread Demon

That's a nice Sara. Mine looks kind of odd with the default face and bright red hair but I like her.

How do I share my character like you just did?

15. Evil Twin

You need to have "Upload Character Data" checked when you create a new character. Then log into masseffectarchives.com, select Hero Gallery -> My Heroes in the upper left, select the one you uploaded, and choose Visibility: Public.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  17. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Weird thing on Elladan

I have found the New Tuchanka settlement, gathered a few quests and then left to do them. I have also completed the Monolith Quest and then returned to New Tuchanka to complete the quests i have done but i can't speak to any Krogan there anymore, the dialogue option doesn't appear even though the respective Krogan can be found in the settlement.

Bug?

18. Gingerbread Demon

Bug for sure that's happened to me in some of the early stuff too.

Also the tram on the nexus sometimes freezes despite the audio playing properly and some of the landing and take off cutscenes also freeze but it's very random as to when it happens.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I've started to notice some weirdness with the bystanders on the Nexus and a few other places. Things like definitely turian voices coming out of human NPCs, female turian voices coming out of male turian NPCs and NPCs standing around carrying on whole conversations by themselves in several different voices.
    Also, for the final shot of the "movie night" thing, by Ryder is invisible which sadly spoils the whole scene (no, reloading doesn't fix it!)

20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Fixed itself by restarting the game and entering New Tuchanka again.. finished first quest and the Krogan thanked me with "The Krogan will be great again!" :lol:

Seems this is seeping into pop culture more and more.. heard it recently in Agents of Shield too.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.