Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a question I got Mass Effect for the PC recently and it would configure to my computer so I used the EA suggestion to bypass that will this affect my ability to import my Mass Effect 1 Shepard in any way?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

^ I wish I could help, but I've played both ME1 and ME2 on the Xbox, so I don't know about that stuff. I'm sure someone will be along to help you out, though. :techman:
    :guffaw:

Okay, now, that's definitely going to happen in my Paragade FemShep playthrough. She was a Paragon in ME1 who romanced Kaidan, but then sacrificed him on Virmire, and then sacrificed the Citadel Council to give the Alliance Fleet a better chance against Sovereign--and then supported the restoration of the Council, with Captain Anderson joining them to represent humanity. So that'll be...interesting. :lol:

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Now that's just cold! :lol:

4. Skywalker

:lol:

Yeah. I had him guarding the bomb, so it just made more sense to lead Saren away from that area to ensure that the bomb went off. I actually didn't mind Kaidan all that much, it was just a roleplaying decision.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I very seriously doubt it. A save file is just a save file after all.

Not me. Killed him dead without hesitation and good riddance to the bland, boring git that he was. :devil:

6. Skywalker

:lol:

He was pretty boring. I'm not sure how BioWare managed to flub both of the human male companions in both games.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Being a rather boring guy myself, I take great comfort in the fact that guys like Kaiden and Jacob can score with a chick like FemShep :lol:

That said, my FemShep went with Garrus. He's always been my favorite crew member.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I didn't think Jacob was boring so much as he had a stick up his arse most of the time, but to be perfectly fair he was the only actual military type out of all the main cast and somebody had to fill that role. I think one of the many improvements of ME2 over the first game was the inclusion of the loyalty missions that let you get some insight into each character. I think there were some character associated side missions in ME1 but as I recall they were pretty forgettable and all just the same kind of copy/paste mission were you clear out that same damn outpost that all the other side missions used.
    In fact they're so forgettable I can only recall Garrius and Wrex's missions; track down the evil doctor and find some old Krogan armour respectively. I'm not even sure any of the others even had associated missions.

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the mission where you blew up tons of Geth in the Armstrong Cluster had somee connections for Tali with that Geth data you could decide to let her send back or not, which didn't matter at all when ME2 rolled around.

10. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Liara had a personal involvement in the mission on Noveria, it was her mother you were trying to kill, after all. She didn't do much, but I believe that there was some extra dialogue if you brought Liara along on your team.

11. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The problem with Jacob is that he starts off being this fairly nice guy with an interesting backstory, then he practically becomes a different person once you get on the Normandy. His loyalty mission sucked too, since it didn't really affect his character in any way, was yet another family issues mission, and Jacob's backstory as a Corsair would've given us a pretty awesome mission.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I was just thinking exactly that. Indeed, I think she was the only one with an actual personal stake in the events. Everyone else had their reasons for joining up of course, but Liara was the only one with a personal connection.

Still, the mission wasn't really about Liara and her mother, not like say Jacob's loyalty mission was about him and his father. It was about a Rachni infestation and Benezia just happened to be the end boss. I'm not saying Liara or any of the others didn't get any character development at all, just that ME2 did a better job of fleshing out the characters.
    You know I'd forgotten about the Corsair thing. That really could have made for a much more interesting mission.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I think ME1 did a good job with Garrus' character development, the way it was possible to influence him as a Paragon Shepard (or, alternatively, reinforce his disposition as a Renegade ;)).

14. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I just downloaded the NEW Content for Mass Effect 2 with the new Hover Vehicle and the mission to shut down the AI at the Cerberus research complex.

----
    This is getting good.
    This mod has the the stuff that the real game need.
    1-A new hover vehicle with destructive capablities instead of being fairied but a shuttle from Star Trek TNG

2-Great Difficulty
    3- MORE GETH!

All in all....
    I have to say that Playing the Downloadable content has made MASS EFFECT to Really Good when it really suxed as a total product with pulling out and revamping the weapons situation with heat clips.

2-Destroying the Normandy for no reason.
    3-A pointless Main Character Death at the beginning.
    4-The annoying continuance of the ineffective government
    5-The monotonous Mineral scanning.
    6- The Funky Character Missions that feel like complete and utter Time Wasters. It just doesn't make sense why you have to gain the loyal to of People that are already loyal to you.

7- The Gameplay hallways that lead you in only one direction like some sort of arcade game.

About the only thing I liked about the new Mass Effect was the Powerful new destructive weapons and the Downloadable content. I love the Armors KEEP THEM COMING.

The DC is what makes this game worth the money.

15. Skywalker

Yeah, I just finished the Overlord DLC and enjoyed it a lot. Excellent use of the Hammerhead and a really great story. I wonder if this is how we should expect the Hammerhead to be used in future DLC and ME3.

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey did anybody else know that Mass Effect 2 is coming to the PS3?

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I read about it earlier today. EA just announced it at Gamescom today.

While I already beat the game on my PC, I will definitely this it for the PS3 as well. Too bad they won't release the first game as well.

18. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. And unless they include a character creator, this pretty much guarantees that nothing from ME1 will really matter in ME3. There's the "canon" Renegade Shepard storyline and that's it.

19. Skywalker

While I do think it's a great idea to offer PS3 owners a chance to play a truly excellent game, I do kind of agree with firehawk. I'm not sure if BioWare would be able to release ME1 onto the PS3, since it was published by Microsoft before BioWare joined EA, but I don't know if the exclusivity thing applies anymore.

20. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I'm playing on INSANE..so it will take me awhile.
    I hope this is the future....I it continues to get better.