Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No doubt I'll be getting this when it come out (Especially for my Primary Shep)

http://masseffect.bioware.com/home/news/103/

Title may be a little spoilery even on it's own

Lair of the Shadow Broker. I guess Liara found what she was looking for and calls for a helping hand

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

All this piecemeal DLC makes me wish they just went and made an expansion pack. At least then you'd have the budget to hire back all the voice actors to record additional dialog.

3. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ I wish they'd do that too. The game is screaming for new dialogue, with how there's none of it or might as well be none of it in the DLC missions

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd have to agree. I'd like to see a good decent length campaign with full voice over work.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Yup, so far I've purchased all of the available DLC, but overall it has been rather hit (Kasumi, Overlord) and miss (everything else).

I'd pay good money for a proper Addon/Expansion Pack.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I actually wouldn't be surprised if they eventually bundle all the DLC and do just that for a GotY edition or something similar.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

One day my life will stop being in the toilet and I'll have time to play some of the DLC for this. I have the Firewalker pack but haven't tried it.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

This is kind of topical ;)

[​IMG]

The Bioware blog post has more detailed pictures and info :techman:

9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Grunt turned out well - I remember first reading about her on Kotaku a while ago when she was trying to audition to be in the ComicCon documentary.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

...I have to wonder; how many people walked up to that girl on the far left and asked to have their picture taken while punching her in the face?

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

FemShep?! These cosplayers are Not!Canon! :klingon:

12. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I'm still trying to figure out who she's supposed to be. >.< The Salarian councilman?

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well I thought she was that irritating reporter (hence the face punching). Could be wrong though.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Speaking of punching her in the face:

[yt]v=ATj3tIqSj5g[/yt]

They came second. :wtf:

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well look at that...they even managed to capture the Gerry Anderson body language.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

":wtf:" indeed.

Oh, and speaking of female Shepards:

[​IMG]

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah...Thane looked cool but he got annoying very quickly. Plus he suddenly looses his crazy ninja skills as soon as he signs up with you, not not much help in a fight.

Actually, now that I mention it, did anyone else find the way Jack goes from an insanely powerful biotic who can single-handedly obliterate a heavy mech to someone who is only slightly more capable than Miranda. They should have given her an ability (with a long cool-down of course) that pumps her up and multiplies her attack damage, or something along those lines.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Agreed, the cinematics especially with Thane and Jack did set us up for a disappointment. Oh well, in the end, balancing gameplay always takes precedence over the lore.
    Oh, definitely. Some kind of overdrive mode on a lenghty cooldown would have been very cool.

Alternatively, they could have given her a separate buff type ability to dramatically increase the effects of her Shockwave and Pull while proportionally increasing the cooldowns.

By the way, I was very disappointed to see that Jack didn't have Singularity. She's supposed to be this complete bad-ass of an Biotic Adept, yet she can't create a Singularity? :wtf: