Spoilers Marvel's Runaways season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

Dammit, I was so happy when I saw this and then I read the rest of the sentence...

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::nyah:

Sorry. ;)

Anwar likes this.
  3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was how I saw it at first too:D

Anwar likes this.
  4. Turtletrekker

Anwar likes this.
  5. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Just announced - Tandy & Tyrone will be appearing in season three as a crossover with Cloak & Dagger (minor spoilers in the article regarding the ends of the prior season of each series).

6. Turtletrekker

7. Turtletrekker

Season 3 trailer. Some really good stuff in here, including an intense bit with Nico that brings her TV character a little closer to her comics incarnation. We get to see Elizabeth Hurley as Morgan Le Fay, and the first look at a couple of crossover guest stars from New Orleans... :)

There's a Runaways panel at NYCC today, it's actually occurring as I type this, so I'm sure there will be more updates in the hours to come.

8. Turtletrekker

NYCC panel...

9. Turtletrekker

*thinks to self that I really should start a season 3 thread. Maybe later when I'm at my own computer*

Elizabeth Hurley on playing Morgan Le Fay and how it ticks off every box on the checklist for her. I also appreciated that she went beyond the classical version of the character and research the Marvel comics version of the character. She also seems to confirm what most of us expected at the end of season 2, that Nico's power is being drawn from Dormammu's dark dimension as seen in Doctor Strange.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marve...-hurley-on-playing-megalomaniac-morgan-le-fay

On a fanboy note, I'm glad that they acknowledged the co-creator of the Marvel version of the character, Joe Maneely, who created the Marvel version of the character along with Stan Lee as a supporting character in the Black Knight comics that predate the Fantastic Four. If not for a tragic, freak accident at a young age, Joe Maneely would be remembered in the same breath as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko as a pioneer in the Marvel age of comics.

As an aside, given that they're using Morgan here, I wonder if the movies are going to ignore the Black Knight's Arthurian connections in the Eternals.