• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Spoilers Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)


  • Total voters
    196
Speaking of which, I just finished watching  Encore and here are the additional scenes:

Nothing is added until the very end when Steve and Peggy's dance is seamlessly interrupted by a knock on the door. Peggy answers the door while Steve hides around the corner. At first, the visitor is obscured as Peggy greets them and asks them how she can help them. The person says, as they cross the threshold that he, Loki, is here to help them, much to Steve's bafflement.

The second scene is after the signature credits and initially is depicted through a series of security cameras of an underground tunnel leading to a sealed cell with a sigular occupant: Bruce. The footage cuts to Bruce narrating via a camcorder, explaining how he has voluntarily placed himself under isolation two miles undeground after losing control for the first time in a decade (I think that's what he said). Bruce says this new undisclosed location will prevent the Hulk from escaping...and no one can get to him either. It's unclear who he's narrating to but he quickly gets to the point that he thinks he has found a new, promising serum. Just before he can go into details, there are multiple power surges, quickly followed by off-camera chaos. Bruce says "That's impossible!" and then a guard yells "Who are you?" Doom responds by saying "I've come to collect you." The footage shimmers before revealing large green runes glowing in the dark.

The final scene also seamlessly transitions from old to new footage, this time from Tony's hammering that then shows several flashes of imagery, replicating the cave scene...but this time we see Doom's mask.

All in all, nothing crucial but they are fun additions nonetheless. I have no regrets because it was so damn awesome to watch Endgame on the big screen again agter seven years. I just wish I could've paired it with Infinity War.
So, you didn't see it in either IMAX or Infinity Vision? They got an exclusive additional scene.


Mobius, Ouroboros and Miss Minutes observing the fall of the Multiverse from the TVA. We also see the guy with the "I Like Me" mug from Deadpool and Wolverine.


There was a lot of talk about the color looking improved in the trailers, was there anything noticeably different in the final cut?
 
Last edited:
So, you didn't see it in either IMAX or Infinity Vision? They got an exclusive additional scene.


Mobius, Ouroboros and Miss Minutes observing the fall of the Multiverse from the TVA. We also see the guy with the "I Like Me" mug from Deadpool and Wolverine.
Damn, that sucks! Lucky bastards.

I knew Mobius and Ouroboros were returning but it's cool to see Miss Minutes returning. I can only hope we get B-15 and Rutherford, I mean, Casey, too.

Hopefully that scene, along with the other three scenes, become publicly available sooner than later.

There isn't an Infinity Vision theater in the area (probably at least a couple of hundred miles away) and the IMAX I go to is a hassle to travel to (because of interstate and city traffic) so I only go there for big events. Of course, I would've loved to seen Endgame on IMAX but alas.

There was a lot of talk about the color looking improved in the trailers, was there anything noticeably different in the final cut?
Nothing leapt out at me although the only time I looked closely at any thing like that was during the funeral scene. Strange still looks dodgy as hell but Hulk looks better in that scene.

So it's the same movie but with some new mid credits scenes we can just read about on the internet?
Nothing is added to the core of the film and only starts with a seamless continuation of the dance.

I posted the earlier spoilers on the fly but I have some thoughts about each scene:

I already suspected that the silhouette briefly glimpsed behind Steve when Thor encounters him was Loki but after seeing his scene with Steve and Peggy, I'm convinced that's the case now. Especially since the figure doesn't look like it could be Peggy (but I could be wrong).

I also wonder about the time difference. Loki visits Steve and Peggy during the dance when Steve is clean shaven but he's back to the rugged beard (hooray!) when he catches up with Thor. I wonder if Steven and Peggy have been running missions for Loki for awhile before running into Thor and the rest of the Avengers.

I'm curious whether whatever research Bruce was working on for the Hulk will play a role in Doomsday and Secret Wars, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. What does stand out to me about this scene is how Doom said he came to collect Bruce. Before now, the ongoing theory has been that Doom is kidnapping children for revenge or some sick manner of restoring his own child, but why would he want Bruce?

The fact the final scene deliberately alludes to Tony's time in the cave when Victor constructs the Doom mask suggests to me that perhaps he also experienced some kind of imprisonment (thus continuing parallels with Tony). If so, then who? Or is it just fun distortion of that moment?
 
The fact the final scene deliberately alludes to Tony's time in the cave when Victor constructs the Doom mask suggests to me that perhaps he also experienced some kind of imprisonment (thus continuing parallels with Tony). If so, then who? Or is it just fun distortion of that moment?
My theory was that he goes into hiding after the accident that messes up his face, but that is an interesting idea too. Maybe in this version he gets injured when he's captured.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great additions, classic HISHE.

Point of warning for others: With the exception of that shortest scene, that video does spoil all of the new scenes.

My theory was that he goes into hiding after the accident that messes up his face, but that is an interesting idea too. Maybe in this version he gets injured when he's captured.
I like the thematic idea of imprisonment over going into hiding. As for his injury, I would prefer the classic story and how that creates a rift between him and Reed. But perhaps with an added twist?
 
Saw Endgame Encore tonight. It was fun seeing the film. The four scenes were okay but nothing you need to see. The first was the most interesting. I kept wondering if there were added moments in the film, like during Tony's captain's log at the start of the film.
 
Great additions, classic HISHE.

Point of warning for others: With the exception of that shortest scene, that video does spoil all of the new scenes.


I like the thematic idea of imprisonment over going into hiding. As for his injury, I would prefer the classic story and how that creates a rift between him and Reed. But perhaps with an added twist?
Yeah, it would be kind of hard to work Reed into my version of how he got hurt, that would be the biggest issue with it.
 
Maybe this has been said before but let's say the stuff with Jonathan Majors hadn't gone down, I keep thinking a Young Avengers film/series in like Phase 4 or 5 would have been a great tie in to The Kang Dynasty if they had used a young Nathaniel Richards/Iron Lad as part of the team and had his relationship with Cassie, only to reveal that Iron Lad becomes Kang. I loved the idea of using Harley Keener in place of Vision/Jonas and/or maybe Kristoff Vernard as an antagonist/ally, considering the history Cassie and Kristoff have in the comics.
 
Maybe this has been said before but let's say the stuff with Jonathan Majors hadn't gone down, I keep thinking a Young Avengers film/series in like Phase 4 or 5 would have been a great tie in to The Kang Dynasty if they had used a young Nathaniel Richards/Iron Lad as part of the team and had his relationship with Cassie, only to reveal that Iron Lad becomes Kang. I loved the idea of using Harley Keener in place of Vision/Jonas and/or maybe Kristoff Vernard as an antagonist/ally, considering the history Cassie and Kristoff have in the comics.

I had thought that we would have Kang appearing across numerous films (even just in end credit scenes and sometimes) as a subplot so we could see his evolution and different personae with him growing as a possible threat and leading into The Kang Dynasty.
 
So it's the same movie but with some new mid credits scenes we can just read about on the internet?


In a month they are going to drop calling this new cut "encore".

In a year it will be impossible to legally Stream the original cut.

In 5 years, it will be impossible to source the original cut as physical media.

In ten years kids won't remember there ever was an original cut to Endgame.

In 25 years, I think we'll all finally have gotten this Marvel bullshit out of system, moved on to a new franchise with substance, and it will take some effort to remember that this comic book crap ever was a thing.
 
Last edited:
In a month they are going to drop calling this new cut "encore".

In a year it will be impossible to legally Steam the original cut.

In 5 years, it will be impossible to source the original cut as physical media.

In ten years kids won't remember there ever was an original cut to Endgame.

In 25 years, I think we'll all finally have gotten this Marvel bullshit out of system, moved on to a new franchise with substance, and it will take some effort to remember that this comic book crap ever was a thing.
How many younger people have seen, or even know about, the original cut of Star Wars?
 
I think they will want to wait enough time as to let people forget their previous screw up in doing Kang. I bet they will play it safe also on making sure they get a a-list star for the role. Imagine if they had went for Denzel Washington for Kang instead of Majors. Things in the MCU would look very different right now.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top