Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

• Total voters
To each his own, but he's routinely cited as delivering the best Bond.

I never agreed with that assessment. Connery doesn't work in that role as good as Moore does. And I'd say Craig is the best

No. For all of his live action adaptations over the decades, he's a character with more bad casting decisions than great.

I'd say Clooney and Kilmer were worse

So I googled this and an answer did not come up and I don't have time to search ATM, maybe more tonight, but does anyone know how many screens The Marvel's actually has?

I ask because I'm visiting family in a rural part of Canada. Big population but it's spread out in little towns and villages. The only movie theater here within an hour's drive for a lot of people passed on The Marvels opening weekend and played Killers of the Flower Moon instead. The Marvel's is listed as coming soon.

I wonder if the bad tracking and Disney's demands for exclusivity windows turned off independent theaters....

Update: They went to the new Trolls movie, still no Marvel's.

Sometimes he “safe” choice is the right choice. Mount could play the “take charge” charismatic but intelligent team leader from the late 60s to early 80s FF no problem.

Maybe for a TV project. Anson Mount isn't a hollywood leading man. Pedro is being positioned to be one. He's in a lot of high profile projects.

And according to Jeff Sneider, Feige wanted a Non-White Reed Richards.

Pedro one of the few non-White actors who can still look like comics Reed when clean shaven.

s-bed27df3e11475074708baa19112fe12309ddf5c.jpg

Well he looks White to me. Idk for sure. But I never heard anything about him being mixed

Thr average Chilean is about 40% Native American with a few percent African.

Pascal had a grandmother who immigrated from Spain, and is from an upper class background, so he probably has more Euro ancestry than the norm for Chile, but he is certainly mixed to some degree...basically everyone in Latin America not of recent immigrant stock is.

Interesting. I didn't realize that

Yeah. People tend to conflate Chile with Argentina and Uruguay, which were much more heavily transformed by 19th/20th century European immigration. Chile is fundamentally a mestizo culture like Mexico, with strong contributions from the indigenous peoples who were in the area before colonization.

If you looked him up, his father's family is of Basque descent and his mother's family is of Spanish descent.

That of course doesn't take into account what @eschaton brought up about native descent a few generations in. I've known a couple Belizeans that were native/black/Spanish.

Going back to Sentry/Superman comparisons for for a moment. In Marvel Zombies Comic series it's Sentry who brings the Zombie virus to that universe.

Allegedly, it wasn't Sentry originally but an unnamed super hero that had the same colour scheme as Superman, with a diamond shaped rip in his uniform where the S emblem would be.

They got cold feet over DC possibly not taking kindly to it, so he was partly redrawn to look like Sentry, but he still has Superman's hair cut (with curl), and the diamond shaped rip in his uniform is still there.

Last edited:
If you looked him up, his father's family is of Basque descent and his mother's family is of Spanish descent.

That of course doesn't take into account what @eschaton brought up about native descent a few generations in. I've known a couple Belizeans that were native/black/Spanish.
Probably depends on the family and social status. My wife's family is from Mexico and has no Indigenous or African ancestry. They are upper class of Spanish and Basque descent and even looked down on my wife's grandmother for marrying an American. Even my mother in law referred to herself as "Spanish" rather than Mexican. Though there was a rebellious aunt who hung out with the likes of Diego Rivera and Frieda Kahlo.

Back