Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

20.0%
  2. A

34.6%
  3. A-

12.3%
  4. B+

6.9%
  5. B

14.6%
  6. B-

2.3%
  7. C+

2.3%
  8. C

3.8%
  9. C-

1.5%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.5%
  1. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

So Xavier won't come back? Guess they're sticking to the TAS ending where he had to be taken away by the Shi'Ar.

Nice of Zann to come back, I thought she'd given up acting for her political career these days.

2. Booji

Booji Fleet Captain Premium Member

While the article speculates that Spiderman could be an origin thing, what if it takes place after the latest movie and deals with Peter in college?

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anwar, The Nth Doctor and dupersuper like this.
  4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Is it a fair takeaway based on Ms. Marvel getting a confirmed release date that it'll be released next?

5. StCoop

I can't imagine they won't release anything for the first half of next year.

6. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

Looking at what we saw today, which is admittedly a terrible metric, it would appear that a fair bit of Moon Knight is also in the can. And that COULD be less effects heavy than Ms. Marvel, in theory anyway. But I think it's too early to jump to any conclusions. Disney doesn't seem to want Marvel and Star Wars competing with each other, and we know we have Obi-Wan and Andor coming in there somewhere too. Should be a busy year, regardless of what order we see stuff in.

Edit: Also, I suppose we need to consider whether or not any of these properties make references to films that have since been delayed? That could be a factor as well. Too many unknowns.

Commander Troi likes this.
  7. StCoop

It's possible they moved "Ms Marvel" as a result of the delay to the release of "The Marvels" to keep them closer together.

8. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I saw an unconfirmed report on Twitter a few days ago that Ms. Marvel was now scheduled for fall 2022 - which seems to fit with the theory StCoop said: they are waiting until closer to the release of The Marvels.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Possibly the voice actor for him is retired and we may be getting a new voice actor. Or maybe Xavier comes back in X-men 98?

10. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Adult of Dubious Maturity Premium Member

I saw a lot of potential in it. Not being familiar with the characters, I had no expectations. I know that Anson did a ton of work creating(!) the sign language Black Bolt used. I know some people were annoyed about Medusa's hair, but I thought that was *the* nastiest thing the bad guy could do to her and therefore it made sense. Plus, she was still a badass. :)

Caretaker and Turtletrekker like this.
  11. StCoop

Speaking of Inhumans this interview with the writers of Eternals is very funny.

"For us, Inhumans was part of that conversation only insofar as — this is a true story — they said, “You can't go to Hawaii.” Nobody gets to go to Hawaii because Inhumans totally burned that bridge. Beyond that, there wasn’t someone saying like, “We can’t do this, can’t do that.” The door really was open for us."

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/marvel-eternals-screenwriters-interview

Anwar and Commander Troi like this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did something bad happen while they were filming that caused Marvel to get banned, or was that just a joke about not wanting to be associated with show because it's so bad?

13. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Adult of Dubious Maturity Premium Member

I'm thinking the latter. :lol:

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It seems weird that they definitely know when Ms. Marvel will come out but can only promise the others are coming soon even if they're sooner than Ms. Marvel. You'd think they'd just put all of them as "coming soon."

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

For the Disney + announcements/teasers:

Moon Knight looks great (and I say that as someone who feels fairly neutral toward the character in the comics).

X-Men 97 is something I've always wanted so I'm very excited,

Echo is something I'll need to hear more about. I don't particularly care about the comic character, so it will have to have a good hook to get me to watch.

Ironheart sucks in the comics, and i have no reason to give the live action version any of my time.

Ms. Marvel, atleast the modern one, has never been a character I'm interested in, but I'm glad fans of Kamala are getting a show, I just don't intend to watch it. If she shows up in the Captain Marvel sequel, I'm sure I'll be able to still follow the movie well enough.

Generic Show starring horrendously overrated Orphan Black actress is still something I refuse to watch, not even Mark Ruffalo will change that.

Spider-Man Freshman Year isn't interesting to me, I like tom holland well enough but can't stand the MCU Spidey movies, so I'll be skipping this.

Agatha House of Harkness is a nice surprise. I liked Agatha in Wandavision, so I'm happy to get more with her.

Armor Wars is something we already knew about, and I like Rhodey so I'm definitely interested.

Marvel Zombies I feel mixed about. The What If episode was ok but didn't leave me wanting more, and I've grown cold on the comic over the years. I'll try this out, but I don't have any real expectations.

Secret Invasion looks to be where we'll get Nick Fury as the main role, and that should be great.

I am Groot looks like a little kid thing, and I didn't find Baby Groot particularly charming, so I'll skip this.

GotG Holiday Special is more GOTG from James Gunn, so its a must watch for me, whatever it ends up being.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Worf in the 23rd Century Premium Member

[​IMG]

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've had a look at the releases and for me it's mostly positive.

I don't like Moon Knight in the comics, never have. The show looks promising though.

Echo is something I'm not familiar with, but it looks interesting.

Secret Invasion wasn't a favourite story, but any excuse for a Nick Fury vehicle is great.

GotG Holiday Special is just more GOTG and much as I liked the first movie, that was enough. My interest is flatlining.

I'm up for Ironheart - I'm hardly the target demographic, but if done well it could be entertaining.

Same with Ms. Marvel as Ironheart. I don't think the comic is anywhere near as good as it's reputation, but...the show could be good.

She-Hulk is one of the most exciting shows going forward - I'm already looking forward to it.

House of Harkness - Yay ! I hope it's given free reign to go as batshit as possible.

I had assumes Armour Wars would be animated - I'm relieved as this is now another one I'm excited for.

Marvel Zombies - who the hell buys Marvel Zombies comics ? And why make a show ? No, just no.

I was hoping Spider-Man Freshman Year wasn't going to be MCU set. Apparently it is, but I've not got through What If so I'll probably avoid this.

I am Groot might just get through on cuteness. But probably not.

X-Men 97 is a hard "no" too. Just not a fan of animated stuff.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to admit, I'm willing to give Echo a try just because they actually hired a real deaf Native American woman to play the title character, and have at least one deaf woman, Shoshanna Stern, who was on Weeds, Jericho and Supernatural as an actress, in the writing staff. I can't not support that kind of inclusiveness.

19. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Commander Red Shirt

I remember back in the 90's watching a X-Men cartoon that was on fox that I liked. Is x-men 97 a continuation of that or is it a continuation another x-men cartoon?

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It is indeed a continuation of that fan-favorite FOX X-Men series that ended in 1997, reuniting much of the original cast. I just hope it's better-animated this time. I'd like to see something as well-written as the FOX show but as beautifully animated as X-Men Evolution.