Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

19.0%
  2. A

34.9%
  3. A-

12.7%
  4. B+

7.1%
  5. B

15.1%
  6. B-

2.4%
  7. C+

2.4%
  8. C

3.2%
  9. C-

1.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.6%
  1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I saw it suggested yesterday that it was his attempt to recapture that past glory when he was back at Marvel. Which is ironic, because I've been led to understand that the New Gods were sort of a loose conceptual "sequel" to his work on Thor -- that they were implicitly the next generation of gods after the Asgardian gods were wiped out in Ragnarok.

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've (perhaps controversially) never Kirby's stuff, but the Eternals I've read from the last decade(ish) have been O.K.

I'm sort of lookng forward to the movie, out of curiosity at least. Not least of which is the threat big enough to get the people that sat out Thanos destroying half of all life to go "Hmm, we better step up here !" .

3. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It might be that Thanos is what changes. Or Thanos/The Avengers toying with infinity stones.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

I will spoiler this for speculation, but its based on the trailer (and I have almost zero Eternals knowledge from their comics run so I'm not coming from a position of comic spoiler either)
    We see like 10 Eternals together 'in the past' and it would appear Selma Hayek in their 'leader' and then in that "I could lead the Avengers" meal scene I think there's only like 6 or 7 and Angelina Jolie would seem to be at the 'head of the table'. So I'm guessing some die or go away at some point.

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That was my thought as well and maybe that ties in with why Druig chooses to do what we suspect he might do now.

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I had never really looked up the dates before. I was born in 1970 so my first introduction to Darkseid was The Great Darkness Saga. When I read the Eternals years later in reprints, I had always thought the New Gods were Kirby trying to redo the Eternals or improve upon them. I mean the similarities are pretty striking. Now, I randomly look up the dates on Wikipedia and discover my assumptions have been wrong for thirty years.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

I want What If to be out now lmao

Out of everything marvel this year, that series is the one I’m most excited to see.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  9. The Nth Doctor

Same here! I can't tell you the number of times I've watched that trailer already! :D

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

DEWLine, Saul, Turtletrekker and 2 others like this.
  11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Good news.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

She did a great job on WandaVision, hopefully she continues to bring that talent to whatever she does next.

13. The Nth Doctor

Fantastic news. I loved her writing and I'm glad we'll be seeing more of her in the MCU.

14. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC the set-up in Neil Gaiman run had them in modern day, but having lost all memory of who and what they were due to some trickter shenanigans from Sprite. I'm guessing a version of that is going to be at least part of the set-up. Maybe the snap/blip resets their memories? Maybe something else? Either way it seems like a neat way around the "why they sat out Thanos" question.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see that, and if they go that route, they have the scenes in the past spread out through the movie as flashbacks as they start to remember, rather than going in purely chronological order.
    One of the big questions for me with this, is whether or not we're going to see Dane Whitman as Black Knight. So far all of the official cast lists have just had him down as Dane Whitman, and usually they list the superhero characters as both their superhero and civilian identity.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Cartoon Premium Member

"The Gods among us" is a reoccurring Kirby theme. Starting with Thor and continuing through the Inhumans, the New Gods and the Eternals plus more I've probably forgotten.

17. Turtletrekker

18. Turtletrekker

DEWLine and The Nth Doctor like this.
  19. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So Okoye gets to be the focus for the Wakanda series? That's going to be fun! :cool:

gblews, Saul and The Nth Doctor like this.
  20. The Nth Doctor

I don't know about their track record, but the Illuminerdi reports that Carmen Ejogo (True Detective, Fantastic Beasts, Selma) is in advance talks to join Secret Invasion.

Its cast keeps getting better and better! :D

Turtletrekker and Morpheus 02 like this.