MARCH MADNESS Anyone?

I honestly won't be disappointed either way. Both seem to present a quality team deserving of the championship and worthy of being an example. But in the end I think I'll be just a little bit pulling for Butler. I can dismiss the overhyped story the media are throwing out there, because it's in no way Butler's fault.

I have to give GREAT props to Butler's center, Howard. He had that concussion and he's still out here playing pretty well. Plus, I thought Zubek would be too much for Butler to handle.... but man they are going hammer and tong!

This is GREAT!!!!

I don't believe it. It didn't go in. :( That would have been a shot for the ages. It would have been on highlight reels for decades. Instead, bloody Duke wins.

Phooey. :scream:

Awesome game. Absolutely awesome. I swear that shot looked like it was going in. But man, this is one time I wish you could have co-champions. Butler deserved to win just as much as Duke did. This is what I love - when I have no emotional investment in either team and the game turns out like this.

I couldn't have scripted heartache for Butler any better if I were a screenwriter. Hayward's gonna see that shot bouncing off the front of the basket in his nightmares.

I really wanted Butler to win. :(

I almost expected that shot to go in. Would have been the greatest finish in basketball history. Now it's just top 10. :)

With Duke winning I win the office pool and the rewards that come with it, so I'll happily settle for second place here on the BBS. Congratulations canadaboy.

I couldn't have scripted heartache for Butler any better if I were a screenwriter. Hayward's gonna see that shot bouncing off the front of the basket in his nightmares.

I really wanted Butler to win. :(

Yeah, I wanted them to win, too. Despite the media focus on the "Hoosiers" connection ( love that film, btw) and all of the "little school that could" angles.... it would have been so great to award such a gutsy, gritty team like that. And let's give credit to their coaching staff. Whatever they drew up very nearly worked. However, amidst all of that... Duke played phenomenal defense and themselves wouldn't quit. So many other teams would have folded under the pressure that Butler brought. Clark put it best: "Duke won this game; Butler didn't lose it."

Duke won by merit. There's no disputing it. But I wanted my little miracle to play out. Duke will win again and have many more opportunities. It's not the story that could have been.

Darn. :(

I just wish the game didn't come on so damned late. I went to bed at halftime. You knew it would be dragged out until nearly midnight.

Back