MARCH MADNESS Anyone?

This was a fun day. I decided not to enter any bracket pools this year and I think I'm enjoying the tourney more. It's nice to just sit back, enjoy the upsets and laugh at everyone who might have had someone like Vandey or Georgetown in the Sweet 16. What a great day today was, full of fun games, and some interesting upsets.

Some thoughts on the games I was able to see and follow:

-Good for St. Marys for showing they deserve to be there. I hope they at least make it to the 16

-That Nova/Robert Morris game was insane. MS almost pulled it out and it would have been awesome if they had. They took too long on the final shot though.

-Texas/Wake Forest I only have one thought for: :guffaw: Kind of a sloppy game, but serves the Big 12 right.

-The San Diego St. game was also sloppy. So many players falling over and it was just interesting to see.

Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully Cal can show that the Pac 10 does deserve to have a presence.

I'm enjoying how many brackets are completely cooked already, losing their champion, or at least a final 4 pick. I lost a couple of teams from next round, but no one advancing...

-That Nova/Robert Morris game was insane. MS almost pulled it out and it would have been awesome if they had. They took too long on the final shot though.
Word is this morning that this was a horribly officiated game. I was at work and so couldn't see it, but if that's true it makes the loss all the more painful

Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully Cal can show that the Pac 10 does deserve to have a presence.
I think Cal is without one of their starters for this game aren't they?

Syracuse is also without their starting center, who is quite probably out for the second round as well.

Syracuse's starter is going to be out for the second game, too? :scream: I didn't know that. The Big East is really going to be the big chump. My brackets are fried. Watch Syracuse not get to the sweet 16. Aside from Texas, the Big 12 is looking good. ;)

Syracuse's starter is going to be out for the second game, too? :scream: I didn't know that. The Big East is really going to be the big chump. My brackets are fried. Watch Syracuse not get to the sweet 16. Aside from Texas, the Big 12 is looking good. ;)

I saw that in the crawl on one of the ESPN channels last night. Haven't seen a confirmation elsewhere yet. Maybe that's because with the way Day One went, who knows if Syracuse will even get to play a second round game? :vulcan:

ETA: You should feel better about the Big East now. After an early scare from Morgan St, West Va. has asserted itself and is leading by 11 at halftime.

Last edited:
I'm hanging out in the Yahoo Sports live chat and someone keeps copying my nickname. It's rather irritating.

Oh, and basketball. I hope today is just as exciting as yesterday was.

I had Minnesota in the Sixteen, only my second incorrect pick. I called Cornell though, so my first round is still looking nice. 17/19 so far. Looking forward to Gonzaga later today. I went out on a limb and put them in the Eight.

EDIT: I forgot my own bracket. I had Minnesota losing in the second round. Hooray!

Last edited:
Gonzaga looking very good in the first half. All the sportswriters who watch the ACC and Big East all year figured Florida State would shut Gonzaga down. So far it's been the other way around.

James, James, James Anderson.....where are you, young man? Where's the beast? Darnit. At least the game's even, but I'm worried. Keton Page our 5 feet 8 wonder midget is outscoring you.

Only 7 points for Anderson. Ice cold. Not good, not a good sign. Good thing his teammates are picking up the slack, but it's not looking good. :( What is the matter with you, Anderson?

ETA: You should feel better about the Big East now. After an early scare from Morgan St, West Va. has asserted itself and is leading by 11 at halftime.

I've got WVA in the title game on two of my brackets. I've been very impressed with them this year.

EDIT--4 minutes and change left, Anderson still with only 7 points. GT up by 3 points. sigh. OSU hasn't scored in 3 minutes. They can't buy a bucket now. Anderson's been double teamed all year and by better teams than GT. Embarrassing.

And Anderson lets them pick his pocket at a critical juncture, then fouls. A 4 point lead may be insurmountable at this point as poorly as we're shooting.

Last edited:
ANDERSON LOSES THE BALL WITH 17 SECONDS LEFT!!!!! We could have shot for the tie!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: $%^&!@@#$%#$ Anderson has been pathetic. He cost us the game. 2 critical defensive mistakes down the stretch. Big bruising James gets his pocket picked twice. Absolutely embarrassing. He should be embarrassed. He cost his team the game. No use sugar coating it. My congratulations to Tech. I am embarrassed for my team. I truly am. We could have tied it and sent it to overtime and he coughs up the ball--again.

Unbelievable.

EDIT--still support my team, just horribly disappointed and venting. And my brackets are ruined. The tourney just got a lot less fun. :( James, you've handled the ball so well all year long. How could you lose it twice in the last 2 minutes? I can take the lack of scoring (though you've been double teamed by much better all year) but losing the ball so we don't even have a chance to tie it up? Nope. Can't stomach that.

Last edited:
Thanks, Neroon. I appreciate that. If I didn't know they could do better I could take it. If they'd lost to Kansas or Kentucky or Syracuse like that I could take it. I've seen them manhandle Kansas and Kansas State (on the road). Watched them beat a very fine and talented Baylor team. James Anderson never gives up the ball. Never. I'm stunned. He made Kansas look bad. He put those unbelievable K-State guards in their place. I can't believe he just disappeared like that. I've seen this team play so very, very well. No disrespect to Georgia Tech, but O-State should have taken care of them.

Sob. I'll recover after an hour or two of pouting. :)

Why not? They did it before. :) I've got to get off the sour grapes train. It's unbecoming. But fun. ;) I think a lot of people picked O-State. I feel bad for my team letting them down.

I've gotta give Purdue props for their win today. Siena has pulled off some great wins the past couple of years, and Purdue being without their best player... this was ripe for an upset. Outstanding bit of coaching and great credits to the rest of the team for pulling together.

Back