Spoilers Loki season 2-- spoilers and discussion

So, do we figure that's it for Hiddleston in the MCU now?

I hope so. Nothing against him but I'm fine with the MCU moving on from some legacy characters. This finale kinda says it all for Loki. As fantastic as the character is, his story feels quite finished.

If anything was cut, I suspect it was a continuation of that scene with Renslayer. She was at the End of Time and she stared at a growing purple light, but we didn't see what it was. Which is oddly open-ended, given that the showrunner has said they have no intention of doing a third season. So it feels like something was missing.
I felt like that was the lead in to more Kang stuff. We know we're getting it and this seemed a good spot.
The TVA characters seem to have fallen back into business as usual. However, I'm kind of confused as to what they have to do now. Sounds like they're going to be on the lookout for Kang variants? Unclear.
I thought it was pretty clear that they'll be looking for Kang variants and protecting the Multiverse. I'd like to see the TVA again in the upcoming Kang stuff, even if it's all new characters.

I enjoyed the finale as Hiddleston gave a great performance, it played around with some of the time travel concepts I was hoping the whole show would explore, it looked great and Natalie Holt's score was fantastic as usual. I'm not sure it entirely made sense but it captivated me while it was going. The scene with Loki talking to episode 1 Mobius was a highlight.

But man there was so much padding this season. What was the point of the extended scene in episode 4 of Renslayer and Miss Minuters recruiting Brad to to their team when that evil trio ended up not playing into the final two episodes at all? What was the point of Brad as a character, even? Renslayer ended up being a total waste of Gugu MBatha-Raw, you could have left her out the season and it would have made no difference! And Miss Minutes is just good again at the end...for some reason?

I liked the last episode. But as others have said, there was a lot of padding in the series. At the end of season 2 it's kinda just ending up in the same place as season 1. The impact on the MCU remains the same. More timelines.

Not a bad finale from a rather dull season. I still don't understand what Loki did. I assume he's become the guardian of those timelines but how did he do it, and what did he do to revive them.
I also feel like he could have done way more with the time loop stuff. I was expecting a "Stargate SG-1" like scene with Loki taking some loops off.

We've met at least six, not counting the ones in the arena.
The three I was talking about were Quantumania Kang, He Remains, and Victor Timely. Who are the other three? And yeah I'm not counting the Kangs in the arena since we didn't really meet them the way we did the other three.
Well, that was certainly six episodes of a series that 1) Could easily have just been two hours if they cut out all of the filler and 2) Really didn't seem to have a point, except to give Loki a slightly more actively heroic end then Infinity War did.
Have you seen Everything, Everywhere, All At Once? It's amazing, one of the most unique, and original sci-fi movies I have ever seen, there's a reason it's the most awarded film of all time, and Quan was absolutely fantastic in it. He definitely deserved the Oscar he won.
As for a few of the points I've seen mentioned since my other post:
  • I'm assuming we'll get at least a cameo from this Loki in Kang Dynasty and/or Secret Wars. It would be weird to get multiverse focused movie(s) and not see him. It just dawned on me that maybe we'll see him in What If....? Season 2 too.
  • As for who Renslayer saw, I've been assuming it was another Kang. A lot of the other versions of Kang have her with him as his girlfriend, and we only got hints of the relationship with Timely. Having her join up with another variant, could give us that relationship that we never got to see in the series.

Not a bad finale from a rather dull season. I still don't understand what Loki did. I assume he's become the guardian of those timelines but how did he do it, and what did he do to revive them.

I guess he imbued them with his divine power, or something. He's sustaining them with his own life force, which is why he had to merge with them and can presumably never leave.

I also feel like he could have done way more with the time loop stuff. I was expecting a "Stargate SG-1" like scene with Loki taking some loops off.

I think time loop stories have been done so often that it's probably better just to skip over that part. I mean, you wouldn't want a time loop story to feel repetitive. :D

Have you seen Everything, Everywhere, All At Once? It's amazing, one of the most unique, and original sci-fi movies I have ever seen, there's a reason it's the most awarded film of all time, and Quan was absolutely fantastic in it. He definitely deserved the Oscar he won.

I had mixed feelings about that movie; a lot of it was great, but the crude humor was not to my taste at all. But yeah, Quan was a revelation, and he totally deserves the career renaissance he's getting.

Yeah, I think there was some humor I wasn't a fan of either, but the rest of it was good enough I was willing to overlook it.

From a character development standpoint for Loki, the finale was great. Showed a lot of growth for him. Tom did a fantastic job with that dialogue.

From a plot perspective, it just wasn't enough to justify a season-long arc.

Yeah, I've seen it. It was a movie I felt vaguely guilty for hating, because I wanted Ke Huy Quan to have a good comeback (and he ended up having one) but despite liking Michelle Yeoh in general and thinking that Ke Huy Quan did a decent job, I just absolutely hate that movie. The humor was awful and the overall story worse.

But, like I said, I think that Ke Huy Quan is one of the few bright points of Loki Season 2, so now I don't feel guilty about hating EEAAO as much as I do.

Maybe he's in Deadpool 3? Maybe he's how the multiverse shenanigans start there? Owen Wilson in a Deadpool movie would be great.

According to "leaks" (aka grain of salt)
The TVA wants to hire Wolverine to help fight the Kangs, Deadpool is a prisoner at the TVA because of the time travel stuff in DP2, and breaks out after hearing about this because he wants to hang out with him

Back