Why Moscow? Again, the Romulans are very, very far from being the biggest alien power in the Trek universe. Qo'noS would be Moscow. Maybe Cardassia would be Beijing. Romulus would be, I dunno, Tehran. I just don't get why people keep assuming Romulus must be the center of all things when it never, ever was before. Keep in mind that, for the vast majority of the Federation's history, the Romulans were completely isolationist -- from 2160-2266 and from 2311-2364. So in the Federation's entire history from 2161 to 2387, the Romulans have been a complete non-factor in galactic politics for fully 70 percent of the Federation's history -- and a fairly minor factor for most of the other 30 percent, at least compared to the Klingons, the Cardassians, the Dominion, etc. Why, then, is it so impossible to imagine that we could go on telling Star Trek stories that weren't about the Romulans? Also, why assume that I'm talking about the time period immediately after the supernova? The question is how Trek stories could be told beyond 2387. That's quite a large span of time. Maybe there could be a time jump of a couple of years, long enough to believe that the immediate aftermath has been dealt with and other matters have come to dominate the Federation's attention. I didn't say it was credible. I just said it's doable if there's no other choice. This is how licensed fiction works. If you want the freedom to do whatever you think is best, then you write original fiction, or at least fan fiction. Tie-in writing is work for hire. We're contracted and paid to work within the limits our employers set for us. We don't get paid if we just complain that it can't be done -- so we figure out a way to do it. It isn't credible that TNG seasons 1-3 never mentioned the Cardassian war that was retroactively established as going on in that period, but it happened anyway. And Trek has dozens of entire species that were treated as major for all of one episode and then never mentioned again. We just have to keep in mind that an interstellar stage is far, far vaster than a planetary stage, with hundreds of times as many civilizations and events going on simultaneously, and each series can only focus on a small part of the whole. It would be impossible to keep track of absolutely everything -- so it's just a matter of being selective about which stories you tell. I've always believed that there's a ton of important stuff going on in and around the Federation that we never get to see. It would make no sense for only one or two starship crews out of the entire fleet to be having high-stakes adventures and saving the Federation from mortal threats. You could probably pick out any given starship and get a whole series about its adventures. But we can only focus on a few at a time. So what we see of the Trek universe is a small cross-section, not an exhaustive overview. The problem there is the assumption that the supernova's destructive energies propagated faster than light, which is absurd. I suppose there's precedent, with the Praxis blast wave in TUC and the instantaneous gravitational effects of the supernovae Soran set off in Generations, but I'd prefer to think that Hobus just happened to be an unusually close neighbor to Romulus and Remus's primary star.