Let's speculate on the deep, dark secret

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by El Maestro, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like you've seen one exploding planet you've seen them all.

2. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The second rendering is definitely re-used. I don't think the others are.

pst likes this.
  3. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

or both planets explode in an arrowhead shape because starfleet is deep into branding their planet killer bombs

4. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Even if the sequences are reused, why does it matter? Tuvok's violent visions from Random Thoughts were just stock footage from Event Horizon (and Veridian III blowing up from Generations).

5. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So i guess the women in the circle are the 'council of 8' or whatever it was.

6. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Did this remind anyone else of Airiam?

[​IMG][/url]

I'm wondering if they're going to tie in Control.

Honestly, I wouldn't be adverse to it. The S2 ending was a little too neat and tidy.

pst likes this.
  7. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Did Spock ever directly share his vision via mind meld in DSC season 2?

8. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This part of the plot is either going to end up being a misdirect or the weakest part of the whole first season. :(

Longinus and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  9. SheliakBob

SheliakBob Commander Red Shirt

Control wanted the Sphere data to enhance itself to a level where it could destroy all organic life.
    So, information on ultimate synthetic life type stuff was already in the Sphere, it had been scanned and recorded in the past. Perhaps organic life barely survived an artificial Extinction Level Event in the past and the dread secret is that given enough leeway, synthetic life would try it again, and possibly succeed this time.
    You know, "This has all happened before. This will all happen again." type stuff.
    Meanwhile, that Cube. Now, I don't want to sound stupid, but didn't Voyager's "Endgame" pretty much destroy the Borg as a power? You know, wiped out their Unimatrixy thingie, collapsed the transwarp networks. Isolated cubes in distant areas. I got the impression from that episode that the Borg were pretty much over as a threat. The Artifact cube could simply have been a piece of the Collective that was cut off and shut down when the whole system got wiped out.It's damaged because once its defenses were down, the Romulans blasted the hell out of it until they decided that what was left was too valuable to blow up (much more).
    Or, who knows, maybe the V'Ger hypothesis--an artificial lifeform perfected to such a level that it "ascended" into some kind of godlike state, means that the organics of the galaxy are actually the creations of silicon based living machines that preceded the current life forms.

10. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

It's the often mentioned F-bomb :guffaw:

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I forget the line but it implied that the Borg were still out there.

12. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

my hope was the borg are defeated after voyager, it would be such a waste if voyager's actions at the end of the series didn't achieve what they were trying to accomplish. but michael chabon addressed this on IG (kinda):

I think it would be more accurate to say Voyager very clearly implemented their plan to infect the entire Collective and destroy the transwarp network. But whether that outcome was completely successful, partly successful, or was somehow foiled (by the Borg, or by some other entity), remains an open question.

In any case, it’s not really relevant to the story told in Picard Season 1, though I would say that certainly most of the characters seem to behave as if the Borg are part of the past.

Supreme Voyager guru Kirsten Beyer and I have had many discussions on this subject and we are in pretty firm agreement that “all the Borg died” is, at best, arguable.

SolarisOne likes this.
  13. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

I am a person of little imagination, unfortunately, but the only thing this "secret" that makes any sense to me is that it has to fundamentally undermine existence for all civilization. Not just threaten existence, but completely throw away people's conceptions of what existence is, the same way Soji doubted everything about her existence.

And the only thing I can think of is it would be the realization that all beings in the universe (or galaxy, if localized) are artificial in one way or another. Android/synth, hologram or whatever, and that the creation of artificial life by artificial life on a large enough scale is some sort of trigger that blows the whole illusion.

14. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

They really need a Supreme DS9 guru for season 2

15. Dale Sams

I think we're going to see that somehow, DISCO is responsible for the creation of the Zhat Vash. And that the ZHat Vash predate Romulan-Vulcan split.....ORRRR...

Here' a nutso idea:

During Fal-Tor-Pan in ST:3? Those Control memories in Spock were released and that drew the attention of the Zhat Vash

16. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How can Discovery be responsible for the Zhat Vash when it's been said they have been around for a few thousand years?

I'm beginning to think that the Zhat Vash didn't want to destroy all synthetic life but a synthetic life, The Seb-Cheneb. I think the Zhat Vash knew that the destroyer was a synthetic but didn't know who or what or where it was. So they've been working for 2000 years watching and waiting for the Seb-Cheneb.

I think Data and Lore escaped the attention of the Zhat Vash purely because they knew the Seb-Cheneb would be female (as indicated by the romulan tarot cards and mythology)

I think the Zhat Vash got sick of waiting and where behind the destruction of Romulus and the Attack on Mars. I think both events events prophecised to bring the final battle with Seb-Cheneb and her 'unshackled demons' to pass.

SolarisOne, Bollie74 and SJGardner like this.
  17. Dale Sams

Well time travel schenanigans of course. DISCO lives in the future the Zhat Vash are trying to prevent so they send something back in time that leads to the creation of the Zhat Vash

Mikey is SO swell and wonderful and goshdarnlikable, she can save the future, present and past!!

edit: Maybe that will be the cliffhanger....Soji gets taken over by Control.

18. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

20. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral