Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Sakonna

Sakonna Commodore Commodore

VOY: "Thirty Days"

I like how this letter to the father apparently opens with a detailed description of a holodeck adventure with the Delaney sisters. Edit, Tom! Edit!

Cyfa likes this.
  2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek Potemkin 1711 Fanfilm The Butterfly effect

3. ananta

ananta Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TOS - “The Menagerie Part 1”. Having seen season 2 of Discovery, it’s MUCH more of a punch to the gut seeing Pike in that chair :(
    I also believe this is perhaps the most ingenious clip show ever made.

Cyfa and Lord Garth like this.
  4. marlboro

marlboro Guest

ENT: Babel One

There should have been a season 5, damnit!

Cyfa likes this.
  5. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Errand of Mercy and despite how much I love the episode and the actors involved -- the fact that Kirk and Spock are trying to push complete and utter pacifists into a guerrilla war against an ruthless adversary literally hundreds of years more advanced than they are who has already threatened to kill a thousand organians for every Klingon that is killed is beyond ridiculous and is my opinion immoral. And of course the fact that since the organians have no modern Communications the only one place on the planet where the Rebellion could take place is the one city that they happened to land in. So they kill a few Klingons and blow up a few facilities and the Klingons exterminate that Village utterly and then they can still use the rest of the planet as an arms Depot if that was their intention. I guess the episode had to have an action angle.

MAGolding likes this.
  6. Cyfa

Cyfa Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DS9: "The Adversary" - Star Trek's take on The Thing was OK, but there was an awful lot of stupid going on to pad this ep out to 44 minutes. I won't go into the stupid here as this isn't a review thread, but I will point out that Sisko has never looked such a fox than in his dress uniform with hair and beard! :adore:

7. Gore-ac

Gore-ac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't that the point though; that the Federation (USA) is no better than the Klingons (USSR) ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  8. 1001001

1001001 Battling Sex Ghosts Moderator

Elementary Dear Data - TNG

9. marlboro

marlboro Guest

I didn't take it that way. Not exactly. I mean, the Klingons were there to conquer and subjugate. The Federation was there to help people they viewed as defenseless.

The Organians enforce a peace in the end. The Klingons are unhappy because they don't get to partake in a "glorious" battle, but Kirk is also perterbed. Why? Because he likes war? I don't think so. I think that, one, he chafes at the idea of godlike beings laying down rules for mere mortals. What gives them the moral right to do so? And, two, I don't think he relishes the idea of a cold war full of subterfuge, treachery, and gray (at best) moral quandaries - a simple straight on "may the best man win" fight would be greatly preferable.

I've always taken the episode as an allegory for the WW2 generation having to deal with a cold war caused by the existence of nuclear weapons. The Organians are a (seemingly benevolent) version of The Bomb in this scenario. You have a type of peace, but potentially at a very high price.

Gore-ac likes this.
  10. Ghost of Bella Goth

Ghost of Bella Goth Commodore Commodore

Far Beyond the Stars (DS9). This is probably my favorite DS9 episode.

Sakonna likes this.
  11. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree. That is why my analysis of the episode involves the Enterprise carrying some sort of "Instant starbase" which could be deployed within minutes to defend the system from the Klingons, once the Organians gave their permission. That might seem technologically implausible, but at least it doesn't make the Federation, Starfleet, and Kirk so willing to "fight to the last Organian" to hamper the Klingon invasion of the Federation.

12. Sakonna

TAS: "The Ambergris Element"

TAS really does offer some delightfully weird imagery. Also, I hope some slash writer of the era did something with that scene where Kirk & Spock have become half-fish, and now must share the same aquarium tank on Enterprise...

Cyfa likes this.
  13. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voyager "The Haunting of Deck Twelve" (OK)

14. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Best of Both Worlds Part 1. Good episode but it’s really the musical score and cliffhanger That makes it. The episode would be just okay without them.

15. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Commodore Commodore

Short Treks: "Ask Not."

Yes, I know, it's a rehash of act 5 of TNG: "Coming of Age." But it's a brilliant rehash, possibly the best on the DVD.

And to think that both episodes grew out of a one line in TOS: "Bread and Circuses," almost throwaway, about Merik's backstory.

16. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Ensign Ro" - TNG
    "Attached" - TNG
    "Second Chances" - TNG

17. Sakonna

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock

My movie rewatch is really proving to me that I consider the films the weak link of this franchise. The only thing I loved about this one was the physical production of the Genesis Planet and Klingon sequences.

18. 1001001

1001001 Battling Sex Ghosts Moderator

Ship in a Bottle - TNG

19. Ghost of Bella Goth

Ghost of Bella Goth Commodore Commodore

The Deadly Years (TOS Blu-ray)

20. Paul755

Paul755 Commander Red Shirt

DS9: The Dogs of War.

I totally forgot that Grand Nagus Rom happened in this episode. Could have sworn it didn’t happen until the finale.