Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueStuff, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Haha I got this via Warners Archive collection. Dig the clothes.
    If you like his movies check out When Time Ran Out, it's got an all star cast and lots of Irwin Allen production quirks and set designs

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I work nights, so no. I was awake at seven am.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The Infected did it to set up the trap to capture him, because from their perspective he was kidnapping their people and experimenting on them and causing them to die.

That's the whole point in the book, that he had become thier legend, the monster that preys on them.

They dealt with that a bit more in the deleted scenes and alternate ending, but not in the theatrical cut of the movie as much.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Took my sister, the younger nephew & the niece to see F9: The Fast Saga 2D this past Friday night.

I'll be going to see it again tomorrow in IMAX.

5. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are cars in the movie. And they are fast.

6. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That Darn Cat the original one.

7. think

think About it! Premium Member

probably will not make it all the way thru but a great documentary of the of this.

strange it did that
    "Shackleton's Captain - The Famous Antarctic Expedition - Full Movie"
    guessing just to search the title to get the movie as the link is age limited and can't get posted :(

OMG such a strange tale to think it was quite real and actually happened --- they ended up being stranded there with the ship lost and heading out with dogs and such that eventually they ate the dogs hence the not for children rating -- OMG. then back to the sea on life boats and such that they I am not at the point where the men have died yet.-- 15 months on ice and 7 days in the life boats --- not losing anyone- they made it to elephant island -- half way thru movie OMG--

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched Howl's Moving Castle this morning. Great movie.

douwed likes this.
  9. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Watched Tomorrow War over on AmazonPrime over the weekend. Total popcorn flick, plot disintegrates 30 seconds after you start putting serious thought into it. Check your brain at the door and you've got a fun 2+ hour action romp.
    Q2

10. douwed

douwed Lieutenant Red Shirt

Finally watched Akira, for the first time, awesome film

11. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Finally saw Godzilla vs Kong in a theatre yesterday. I'd seen it before, but this was a film I really wanted to see on the big screen.

Side note: They played the Dune trailer before, but for some reason, they cut off the Sandworm reveal at the end. Wtf?!

12. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Ooh! I just love Ol' Snake Eyes! He was menacing just standing there, looking.

13. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Last movie watched was Dragon Inn. Currently watching A Touch Of Zen

14. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I once watched an Italian war movie only because of him starring in it. His distinct features also got him chosen for a parody character in a Lucky Luke comic adventure:
    [​IMG]

This past week I've watched "Black Widow" (which was okay), French indie horror "Dead Shadows", Italian western "If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death" (which was great fun), and am currently re-watching "Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood".

Velocity likes this.
  15. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Took my sister, two of the nephews (the oldest & youngest), and the niece to see Black Widow 2D at AMC Lufkin the other day. It was my third viewing, after seeing it in IMAX and BigD at AMC Tyler. Everyone liked the movie, Wyatt said it was in his top three of the MCU. And we stayed for the end credit scene. Only three other people in the theater, they left when the credits started. And I let them. Been making these movies for over a decade, if ya don't know to stay for extra stuff, its not my job to correct ya.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  16. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Coincidentally, the last two movies I watched were both Spanish English-language films: Agora, about the mathematician and astronomer Hypatia, and the religious conflicts in Alexandria during her lifetime, and Automata, set in an environmentally devastated future Earth, about an insurance investigator for a robotics company, who investigates when some of the company’s robots break their operating protocols by repairing and modifying themselves.

hypathio7 likes this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last week I watched Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which I own on DVD and we saw Black Widow in the theater last weekend. On Friday I watched Space Jam: A New Legacy. HBII is one of my all time favorite movies, and I enjoyed the other two.

18. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed both of Ron Perlman's Hellboy movies, preferring the director's cut of the first one over the theatrical release.

Went to AMC Lufkin Sunday to watch Escape Room: Tournament of Champions and The Forever Purge.

19. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Arrival (2016). I had never seen it before. Interesting ending.

Kor

20. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After two failed attempts to get some still gunshy about public gatherings friends to go to the theater, I broke down and watched Black Widow at home.